Image Question

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
When I click on the distance from a TV station to my location, I get a graph that looks something like this. I looked on the RabbitEars FAQ and didn't see the answers. Can someone tell me what the red dashed line, the green line, the purple dotted line that changes to baby blue lines represent? And what does 2-edge mean? (or 1-edge for that matter - the ones that say LOS I assume are line of sight) And is the graph curved to represent the curvature of the earth?

I believe TX Height is the transmitting channel height above sea level, the RX Height is the estimate of where my antenna would be above sea level, the mileage is how far apart the two are. Those seem pretty straight forward.

Thanks in advance for any details you can provide!

Attachments

• Map.JPG
    Map.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 112
When I click on the distance from a TV station to my location, I get a graph that looks something like this. I looked on the RabbitEars FAQ and didn't see the answers. Can someone tell me what the red dashed line, the green line, the purple dotted line that changes to baby blue lines represent? And what does 2-edge mean? (or 1-edge for that matter - the ones that say LOS I assume are line of sight) And is the graph curved to represent the curvature of the earth?

I believe TX Height is the transmitting channel height above sea level, the RX Height is the estimate of where my antenna would be above sea level, the mileage is how far apart the two are. Those seem pretty straight forward.

Thanks in advance for any details you can provide!
The green line is the terrain between the transmitter on the left and your location on the right. The purple line starts at the transmitter and ends at the first mountain in the way. The dotted line is the direct path from the transmitter to you. In your case It drops below the earth’s curvature. 1 edge means there is only one mountain in the way. 2 edge are three or more hills blocking the path.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)