Important All listen to Sat talk tonight starting at 10:10 Pm eastern

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ralf said in his news letter "I just spoke to Mike Kohl and we both think, due to the importance of the 4DTV transition, to start the show shortly after 10 PM eastern time. Mike told me that he has good and also bad news."

Note the 1 hour delay in the show. The Rachel Madow show is using the studio until 10PM EST (yeah one of those news channels we no longer get :(

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

What was Mike Talking about the channel count last night. Not quite sure we understood. Ours are at 4782. I think Mike was talking about having 4800+. Is 4782 right or should we be doing something different?
Thanks

Don't worry about the channel count so much, right now I have 4782. It seems that Motorola is messing with the maps on G1. Mike had to do 30 MR's on receivers yesterday and get them set up to be sold. He was noticing weird things while downloading on G1. I attribute this to things being so late in the game and now the maps on G1 are somewhat corrupted. I don't even know if you can do anymore G1 updates today. Last night the master streams were suppose to stop. I don't see any EMM change or Catagory key going old here this morning so maybe there was another massive kill of all SRL except W5. I'm glad my receiver is safe from any updates right now.

Still watching my sub like there's no boogeyman. Refreshed my guide this morning, no problem. Checked the usable satellites and theres 70 of them. Lots more hits now, looks like about 50 per day average. All seems to be there except W5 606 still NS. Dave

I put my 922 on C4-600 for about 5 seconds and Discovery is still working so no key change yet. Trying to avoid any hits so that if they don't change the key when the EMM stream is turned off I'll have Discovery until it's changed.

My 922 has been on W7-1 for the most part. I checked early today to see if the EMM was pulled or Catagory Key changed. No on both, with reports of 50 Hits a day there pounding away with a massive deauth for NPS & SRL that will probably keep up after 1/4 since they want you to go to something that has the datastream. When you see it open you will laugh start watching it and then WHAM! your off. At least I know I didn't take that bad hit it may contain a cookie for you later if you don't swap your EMM to 4160 and clear out that bad apple.

I've been sticking to analog channels. ARTS, HSN, QVC, CSPAN. About to get aimed at AMC8 to get my DVB setup for the annual Coast to Coast AM Annual Predictions Show tonight and tomorrow night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts