Impressions of vip222 after one month.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I've had the vip222 for about a month now, though I'd share what my experience has been so far. I've had an issue with color fluctuation, now have third receiver (installing tonight). First two had the same issue. EchoStar engineering has been active in trying to find the problem. Was told they think it may be a software issue. (Covered on a different thread). Great customer service experience..

Apart from that, the other issues I've seen are 1.) with the OTA strength. Before I had a 211, which had the same issue, but seemed to be fixed with a software update. The 222 pretty much has the same low signal, (compared to a separate RCA OTA tuner that has a lot higher strength on the same setup). Hope they issue an update for this one. 2.) I have also notice that the OTA picture seems grainy for some reason (HD), particularly when there is a lot of color in a screen. My daughter likes to watch Smallville and it's very noticeable in the club scenes. They use a lot of loud colors on that show.

Other than those issues, its a pretty nice receiver. The pip is nice. Would be better if you could switch to side-by-side instead of one on top of the other.

Has anyone noticed any problems with the vip222?

Why doesn't it? My single mode 622 has side-by-side PiP feature!

As for my thoughts on the ViP-222, its cool and all but like any dual tuner, it needs a phone line connected to it. I didn't know at the time I ordered, so Its just another project for me to do. Also, the 222 can not be paired up like the 622 can with each other and use just one phone line. I wished it had some extras, but it doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts