This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Improved picture quality with 622 L441?

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
When 408/409 came out, there was some discussion about improved picture quality. I never received either update so I couldn't comment. Can anyone tell if L441 features the improved picture quality that supposedly was in the earlier (revoked) updates? I tried to find this info in existing threads but wasn't able to. Thanks.

Actually I asked the same question when I first got L4.41 and it seemed know one noticed any difference, but I think the sd pq went down and I can't really see any difference in HD pq! This is just my own expeirence with the ol' eye's!

TRUE HD still looks terrific - always did, always will. I can't tell the difference between 720p or 1080. SD still looks like crap - always did, always will.

I, along with a few others, mentioned some of the DishHD better looked better a couple weeks ago. I just haven't had much time to watch TV lately, but I plan to take a look over the next few days.

SD looks great on an sd set 27" or less.
Oh yes, I agree. Even up to my 30" Toshiba in the bedroom. But what I meant by my post was for larger displays. I have a 56" Hitachi RP in the den and every once in a while take out the Mits projector on an 84" screen. In these applications, SD sucks big time. I use the projector mostly for HD movies or DVDs. I don't think I have an hour's worth of lamp time on it showing SD.