Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
Need your expert's advise please.....

What is a good in-line amplifier to use?:rolleyes:

Will an amplifier help boost signal for small 20" dish to help eliminate digitizing or signal loss after a 50' cable run and a 2x1 DiSEqC switch?

Most importantly, if I use an amplifier in a 50' run will it or can it cause signal noise resulting in snow or lines on TV images?

COMMENT:
Set up is: 2 dishes and one FTA receiver, Dish-1 is a 90cm & Invacom 0.3db single>97.0W and Dish-2 is my converted 20" Dish500>AMC-4 with std. 0.6db FTA LNBF joined by a 2x1 DiSEqC switch.

After setting up my 20" (on the roof) with a FTA LNBF pointed at AMC-4, linked to receiver with 6' RG6 cable and without DiSEqC sw. I got ALL TP's loud and clear while up on roof with receiver and small TV, but once I connected the long 50' cable leading into the house the signal dropped considerably and I can only get the strongest TP/11822H/5700.

So I was wondering if a in-line amplifier would help me.:confused:

I have seen worse results with a inline amp.

Is the LNB skewed properly? Reason I ask is I can get KUIL, 3ABN & Hope on a 20" dish with no issues. LLBN is very low but stable. This is running about 40 feet of cable too

I have seen worse results with a inline amp.

Is the LNB skewed properly? Reason I ask is I can get KUIL, 3ABN & Hope on a 20" dish with no issues. LLBN is very low but stable. This is running about 40 feet of cable too

Yes it is perfectly aimed & skewed, I was able to get all those channels without a hick-up while on the roof. I was thinking that maybe my cables need replacing with new and hopefully the best for satellite use. My cabling is about 4 years old if it makes a diff.

What is the best RG6 and where would I buy it?

I got some cable thats prob 15yrs old and I cant tell any difference switching it out with new cable. (80-120' to the dishes) I would check the cable connectors and maybe the diseq switch be sure everything is seating properly. Cant see needing an in-line amp for that short run. Try to buy cable with solid copper center-conductor too, not this copper-clad steel stuff they are trying to sell now. Tests may show it works just as well but I don't buy it.

I got some cable thats prob 15yrs old and I cant tell any difference switching it out with new cable. (80-120' to the dishes) I would check the cable connectors and maybe the diseq switch be sure everything is seating properly. Cant see needing an in-line amp for that short run. Try to buy cable with solid copper center-conductor too, not this copper-clad steel stuff they are trying to sell now. Tests may show it works just as well but I don't buy it.

I think I'll try an experiment by linking up with another long cable I have and see what results I get, it should tell me something. The reason is, the cable running into the house has been moved from a previous house to this one. It's been stapled, kinked and who knows what sort of injury has occured.

Thanks for the suggestions:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)