In past 60 days, the following statement best describes me.

I am still VaVaVuMin and will keep on VaVaVuMin until Voom merges with Dish and ruins everything -- adds TV commercials to their exclusives, cuts the HD, or dumps their exclusives all together. I hate to think what Dish will do to Voom.

I want Voom to remain Voom. Just as it is.

I just visit :welcome

I like that movie as well, actually one of my recent DVD purchases using up a BB gift card :)

Honestly the reason I found this forum is because my initial install had some problems, and I did searches and found this place.... you could also *hope* that Voom is still growing slowly but with much better installs leading to less forum visitors?

I too hope VOOM is growing, but the small amount of data (this poll, adios posts, installer posts indicating deinstalls vastly outnumber installs, few newbies posting here on the VOOM Forum) supports the opposite being true. VOOM has been very quiet since the end of July so we have no way of knowing their active subscriber numbers.

I found the VOOM Forum while waiting for my installation...wanted to find out as much as possible regarding the product. I noticed a large number of people were inquiring about VOOM during March-July, but there have been a lot less inquiries since the "FREE Installation Promo" ended on 5 August.

riffjim4069 said:
Hmmm. Although there is not much data, it is beginning to appear that VOOM may have lost 3-5K subs over the past 60 days. Yikes!

Comments.... :confused:

Sure. What makes you think that trolls will admit that they are trolls? If I were a true troll I would vote "I am a Dearly Departed ex-VOOM Subscriber." Wouldn't you?

Even though I have been "marked" I voted that I like to visit. I think I was unfairly marked as I am a former sub. I just like to keep up the the rumor mill in all the forums here and see what people are having issues with. D* is not perfect by any means, but I sure am liking the HR10-250 as the new addition to my collection. :p

andrzej,

First, I would never troll this nor any other Forum so it's impossible for me to answer that question, but I certainly understand your point.

Second, there are only a handful of trolls hanging out here on the VOOM Forum. A number of them are former subscribers and many of them have no problem being labeled "Troll" - some are even proud of their status. Some will vote with the intent of skewing the results regardless poll or participants.

Third, I'm sure the poll is flawed, but I honestly believe it is 90% accurate. You will always have the infamous 10% who have hidden agendas, overtly bad attitudes or mental defects...that's life.

Fourth, the Troll option was injected for a little humor. :haha Some may think I am witty, others may think I'm a nit-wit :no but hopefully someone was amused. Anyway, don't you feel it is more likely a Troll would select this option for the reasons above...and isn't it more likely someone with a good sense of humor would cast such a vote?

Fifth, it seem to me that former subscribers will be spending less time on the VOOM Forum and many will never return. If anything, it seems to me the number of recently departed VOOMers will be heavily underrepresented.

Why only one (1) new subscriber during the past 60 days? When I was a new subscriber, I was spending a great deal of time reading the VOOM Forum threads and would have voted very quickly. When this poll is viewed in its proper context, one can only conclude that VOOM has been losing a fair number of subscribers over the past 2 months. I wish this trend were reversed, and I hope that I am incorrect, but facts are facts. Here a very quick (5 second) query of people posting they are leaving VOOM. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. I am hoping someone will prove tell me I am wrong!!!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=31556
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=30536
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=26753
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=26475
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25138
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32105

riffjim4069,
I am afraid that I agree with your assessment. I don't see many new subs here. The rate of accruing new subs is worrisome. That's really depressing because I like Voom and in the HD department Voom is an unquestionable leader. It would be a gloomy day for all HD enthusiasts if Voom was forced to close their business. I hope they will gain some momentum with DVR and new compression schemes. :(

andrzej said:
riffjim4069,
I am afraid that I agree with your assessment. I don't see many new subs here. The rate of accruing new subs is worrisome. That's really depressing because I like Voom and in the HD department Voom is an unquestionable leader. It would be a gloomy day for all HD enthusiasts if Voom was forced to close their business. I hope they will gain some momentum with DVR and new compression schemes. :(
I agree. Other than some minor glitches, I love my VOOM service and I would gladly have them as my sole provider if only they would get their collective act together. They have an excellent idea, state of the art technology and a pretty good business plan, but their execution (sales & marketing, customer service, operations, contracting, customer hardware, etc.) sucks beyond belief. There are simply too many people having too many issues.

VOOM, as a company, has amazed and befuddled me. If I didn't know better, I would say they had no serious desire to compete in the DBS market. They were hoping VOOM "magically sold itself" and if the market proved too difficult they would simply support a limited subscriber base until the service could be sold off to the highest bidder. Are we to think differently? We no longer hear of any plans, there appears to be no concerted effort to add new subscribers and the VOOM website if infrequently updated.

As far as the DVR and new compression schemes, I am not expecting to see either one appear until 2005. Again, I hope I am 100% wrong about everything I have mentioned in this post, but I just don't have a warm & fuzzy feeling right now. I know VOOM monitors these posts, so I openly invite them to prove me wrong right here in this Forum!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts