In the eye of Wilma now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 5000 watt generator to start the hurricane but apparently the "magneto" crapped out on me after about 12 hours and I can't get any parts. I walked into Sam's and grabbed a 6500 watt generator made by Honda. Really nice unit. I will probably fix my old generator and hook it up to my A/C unit and hopefully be able to run it off that when needed. The other generator is hooked up to a panel that is wired directly into my main breaker panel so no problem with feedback down the lines to hurt the workers. I wired my hot water heater to it but doesn't seems to be working. hoping its not just dead and a result of improper wiring by me. Not so bad though, we never have cold water in So Fla, average temp of our water out of the tap is probably mid 70's so its kind of refreshing.

Most water heaters are 220 If I remember right, does your Gen do that? My camping gen recoil starter fell apart on me tuesday nite, (was deer hunting) took an hour to put back togather... no biggie as my camper runs on battery, but would have missed the Series...

My water heater is 220 but I messed with it a little this morning and got half of it to work. I have a distribution panel for my generator so I can run 220 of it. The water heater is heating now but at half. Maybe I can rebalance the load so both sides of the heater will work.

Can't find milk for my baby now. hope things start coming back to normal soon

well not much progress today. Just helped my neighbors a little with clearing out their yards of debris and found some another neighbor found some milk for my youngest.

If we could either get plenty of gas or power turned on things would be pretty good. On the bright side of things I have lost about 10 lbs since the hurricane hit, another ten and I will be right were I want to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)