Infocus 4805 Projector only $699.99

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Not sure when this ends, but this is a GREAT deal!

ScreenPlay 4805 Entertainment Bundle

$699.99+ $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished Projector product(s): 1 InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 DLP Home Theater Projector 1 InFocus 76-inch 16:9 Screen 1 The Ultimate Matrix Collection Limited Edition Collector’s Set

For more details visit http://www.woot.com

I was about to forward this to a friend, but saw this.

HDTV/SDTV compatible — when connected to a separate HDTV tuner, displays all signals at 480p

Can someone please explain how a diplay can be HD yet down convert all signals to a 480p display.

and this one is only WVGA 854x480

http://www.projectorcentral.com/true_hdtv.htm

Any given projector has just one physical resolution, usually called the native resolution. Native resolution is the number of pixels actually available on the display. So an SVGA projector, for example, has display panels or chips with a native 800x600 pixel matrix. In order to display a 16:9 signal, it uses an active area of 800x450 on the display. So any HDTV signal that it gets, whether it is 1280x720 or 1920x1080, it must reformat (compress) that incoming signal into 800x450 before feeding it to its internal display. So no matter what, it cannot display any HDTV signal without compressing it, and losing a bit of image detail in the process.

This is true of standard XGA resolution projectors as well. They have a native resolution of 1024x768. In order to display a 16:9 image, they use an active portion of their display that is 1024x576, which is a 16:9 matrix. Therefore the HDTV signals, whether 1920x1080 or 1280x720, must be compressed to fit into a 1024x576 matrix before they are displayed.

Many new home theater projectors have native 1280x720 LCD panels or DLP chips. These are built expressly for the purpose of displaying HDTV 720p without needing to compress it or expand it. Some would say that projectors with the 1280x720 matrix are true HDTV projectors. However, some wouldn't, because when they get a 1080i signal these projectors still need to compress the 1920x1080 information into their native 1280x720 displays.

For the purist with unlimited funds, the only real, genuine HDTV projector is one with 1920x1080 internal resolution. These will display 1080i without any compression. There are a small handful of projectors on the market with this resolution, and at the moment they cost $20,000 and up. But these units need to reformat 720p signals, scaling them up to fit their native 1920x1080 displays. Technically, then, you could say that even these units are not true HDTV when it comes to 720p format.

The bottom line is that all projectors are built to scale a wide variety of incoming signal formats into their one native display. They will all do standard television, they will all do DVD, and almost all of them will do HDTV 1080i and 720p as well. In addition, most of them will display a variety of computer resolutions, including SVGA, XGA, and so forth. Really, when it comes to HDTV, there are only two circumstances where scaling is not required: 720p for a projector with 1280x720 native resolution, and 1080i for a projector with 1920x1080 resolution. Other than for those two unique matches, scaling is always required no matter what.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Not sure when this ends, but this is a GREAT deal!
I know I'm a little late, but Woot deals are always 1-day -OR- while quantities last. Sometimes they go all day and never sell out, other times they sell out in an hour or two.

That was a good deal. I have a SP 4805. It is great for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)