In The Shadow Of The Moon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The documentary was pretty good. But so much just gets glossed over! There was so much that happened 40 years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday...

The 1989 Documentary "For All Man Kind" I thought was more complete, though sometimes they used the wrong footage when talking about different events. Yes the new movie had prettier pictures, but the actual history was thin.

I did like the fact that Niel Armstrong was in the movie! However I see this like I did all the WW2 veterans talking about their war and all the documentaries about their first-hand experiences that came out in the 90s. The generation was dying off and they wanted to tell the story they'd kept bottled up! Niel Armstrong, though he looked great in this new documentary is no spring chicken. He most likely finally consented to be interviewed about the moon mission and his part in NASA so he could tell his story ONCE before he left us.

I am very nostalgic for the space-race. It was a time of unbounded expectations and a hope for the future. Was it expensive. Yup, but not as expensive as anyone thought in the long run! We are still reaping the benefits of that era with technological advances!

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts