In the White Room

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Not a Cream song, the astronauts of STS123 are in the white room right now, preparing for the launch, 128am C or thereabouts....hope I can stay awake for NASA tv coverage

Recorded the launch on the Visionsat... The sky was very cloudy, and it was a night launch, so video wasn't that good. They are up safely, and headed for the ISS.

Columbia (the first shuttle ever launched) was the shuttle that was lost in '03, Discovery is still alive and well :)

Thanks Tron for the correction, I watched it last night and after the solid rocket booster separation it was too dark to see anything.

DJ, here's one from amiright.com:
Misheard Lyrics:

In a white room
With black curtains
And crustaceans.

Original Lyrics:

In a white room
With black curtains
At the station.

enjoy lol

Another good one is:

Jimi Hendrix
Purple Haze

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

often heard as Excuse while I kiss that guy

Also another good one is the Bee Gee's More than A Woman that shounds like Bald Headed Woman.

Getting some excellent video of Earth from the shuttle and station on NASA-TV. Has anyone noticed how poor the resolution on the station cameras is vs. the shuttle cams?

Tron, agreed, the shuttle cams have always impressed me. I can watch it for hours (the earth views).

The crew sleep schedule is whacked this mission, they're following *MY* sleep schedule ;) This means they're going to sleep when most of us in NA are waking up. You can always catch the Flight Day Highlights replay at the top of (almost) every hour while the astronauts sleep :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)