in your opinion?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
well after reviewing this forum and other's on DBS I have decided to go with E*(maybe) if I have a good view of the sky:confused: I went to the site the other day to check my sky-view and right in my view of the sat's is a big hill. I did a quick azimuth check the hill at its peak is at 211 azimuth at an elevation of 30-35 degree's and it has a downward slope to the west to around 25-30 degrees (+ or - a few degrees)to the remaining hill tops.
my azimuth and elevation for the sat's here are :
110 azimuth 225 elevation 38
119 azimuth 235 elevation 32
for the Dish 500 setting it is azimuth 230 elevation 35 according to the program "Zipcode32 v1.3" that I downloaded from Dishnetwork.com
these sat locations should be viewable, but the other locations I'm not sure of? for the sat at 61.5 azimuth 152 elevation 41
there's no way to get to the 148 sat at azimuth 259 elevation 11 this is well below the hill top's. If I have read the forums correctly the only thing on the 61.5 is foreign channels and HD at the 148 location, I don't have an HDtv yet so I will not be needing 148....right now:eek:

In your guys opinion, do you think I might be able to get E*at this location? I guess I'll just have to wait and have the E* installer let me know it I will be able to get E*

note: Nobody has D* or E* in that neighborhood they all have cable (digital) from the local provider Inter Mountain Cable http://www.imctv.com/

meldar_b said:
. . . If I have read the forums correctly the only thing on the 61.5 is foreign channels and HD at the 148 location, I don't have an HDtv yet so I will not be needing 148....right now

HD is on 61.5 and 129. Depending on where you are in KY, you should be able to get both. 148 is primarily west coast and should be of no concern. Foreign language is on 61.5 and 121.

garys said:
HD is on 61.5 and 129. Depending on where you are in KY, you should be able to get both. 148 is primarily west coast and should be of no concern. Foreign language is on 61.5 and 121.

cool:D I guess that program that I downloaded needs to br updated huh:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)