inactivity?

crickett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
While watching Speed channel yesterday out of the blue a message came on the screen saying that the receiver was about to shut down because of no activity. I have a 622 receiver and have had it for about 18 months. We were watching the channel for about four hours which is not new for us as races take longer and have had no message before this. What was the message about?? I hope this doesn't mean trouble is around the corner for this receiver?? Has anyone had this occur?

:)Go to menu, preferences, then inactivity standby and change to whatever level you prefer. It just means that you have not changed the channel in a certain amount of time and you can set this for up to 8 hours or disable.

I am going to move this to the Dish Tech forum, but as dijohn has answered your questions others might want to add more, also if someone has the same problem they will read this thread there.

inactivity

:)Go to menu, preferences, then inactivity standby and change to whatever level you prefer. It just means that you have not changed the channel in a certain amount of time and you can set this for up to 8 hours or disable.

Thanks for the answer! I don't know why that sudden became a problem but I have disabled it.

I am going to move this to the Dish Tech forum, but as dijohn has answered your questions others might want to add more, also if someone has the same problem they will read this thread there.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong area but will know in the future where to post such questions!! Thanks again to Satellite Guys!

It doesn't usually time out because usually people do *something* with the remote control. guide, info, pause, skip back, who knows. It's rare for a remote control to sit, buttons untouched, for that long of a time while there are actually people in the room. If it timed out it basically meant you did not touch any button on the remote for the whole time.

Mine started doing it as well, A lot more often then before. Watching a program,is NOT inactive . Pausing for 4 hours is . Watching a Music channel are inactive. Never should it shut down just because someone hasn't changed the channel in 4 hours. Dish should fix this. And It can be done,D* HR20 and H20 both can.

Mine started doing it as well, A lot more often then before. Watching a program,is NOT inactive . Pausing for 4 hours is . Watching a Music channel are inactive. Never should it shut down just because someone hasn't changed the channel in 4 hours. Dish should fix this. And It can be done,D* HR20 and H20 both can.

Whatever

Inactivity

It is odd it just started doing the inactive warning. We were watching a regular program For sixteen plus months it never did it so hopefully Dish will fix it. I have disabled it now so I hope the setting will stay that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)