Inception

It was a real senses assault. I was fairly lost the first third until I started to grasp the concept(s) under which they worked. At the crux, was an action-adventure "caper". All the characters and actors were great, especially Ellen Page. I have to admit I did not recognize Tom Berenger, though I kept thinking, I know this guy. The music by Hanz Zimmer was fantastic...edge of your seat brilliance. The effects, while amazing, were not over-whelming...not effects for effects sake. As of now, I think it was a very good film. I'm sure I will think it is one of the best ever when I see it again tomorrow!

It was a real senses assault. I was fairly lost the first third until I started to grasp the concept(s) under which they worked. At the crux, was an action-adventure "caper". All the characters and actors were great, especially Ellen Page. I have to admit I did not recognize Tom Berenger, though I kept thinking, I know this guy. The music by Hanz Zimmer was fantastic...edge of your seat brilliance. The effects, while amazing, were not over-whelming...not effects for effects sake. As of now, I think it was a very good film. I'm sure I will think it is one of the best ever when I see it again tomorrow!
Excellent review! The film really made the audience think and, occasionally, struggle to stay-up with the storyline. However, the challenge was not overwhelming...the acting was excellent...and music score was outstanding...the overall plot was very good...the action was intense, thrilling and dramatic (at times)...and there was even a bit of a love story tossed in for good measure (although it had little effect on the film IMO). Fun movie for all. Do I feel it was an instant classic? Hmmm. While it was very, very good I think it fell short in that respect. On the IMDB scale I am giving it 8.2 out of 10 stars. Wow! I just noticed IMDB has it as the #3 movie of all time. Of course, it's a new release and the reviews are sure to fall a bit...but still quite impressive.

P.S. Holy cow! I didn't realize that Tom Beringer was in the movie until you metioned him.

Oh, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Arthur) sure has grown up and come a long way since Third Rock From the Sun (Tommy).

I'm getting worried about this group. No one else has seen this movie? Did 61M. Believe me, this will be the BIGGEST Blu-Ray release since Star Trek! And you will WANT to watch it over and over. What are you afraid of...you might have to do some thinking? This was the FIRST movie in my life, where total strangers were grouped outside the theater "comparing notes" and enjoying the conversation immensely.

I'm getting worried about this group. No one else has seen this movie? Did 61M. Believe me, this will be the BIGGEST Blu-Ray release since Star Trek! And you will WANT to watch it over and over. What are you afraid of...you might have to do some thinking? This was the FIRST movie in my life, where total strangers were grouped outside the theater "comparing notes" and enjoying the conversation immensely.
I admit...it was a good movie, but not a movie I would want to see over, and over, and over again. As far as comparing it to Star Trek...other than Star Wars there are few other movies that will instantly trigger a gag-reflex like that stinkfest.

Anyway, to be honest I had never heard of the movie Inception prior to plopping down my $8 at the movie theater...and there were probably less than 20 people in the theater. Go figure!

I admit...it was a good movie, but not a movie I would want to see over, and over, and over again. As far as comparing it to Star Trek...other than Star Wars there are few other movies that will instantly trigger a gag-reflex like that stinkfest.

Anyway, to be honest I had never heard of the movie Inception prior to plopping down my $8 at the movie theater...and there were probably less than 20 people in the theater. Go figure!
My comparison to ST was first weekend Box Office, nothing more (I realize I was unclear). Our theater was near packed.
But it is a better movie, IMO. Wife and I are going again tomorrow. She's hooked, too. And she HATED Memento and Dark Knight.

Last edited:
I just got back from the theater. It was a very enjoyable film. Makes your brain spin that is for sure - and in the first 20 minutes I was extremely focused trying to make sure I understood what was going on, but then it just got fun. The special effects were spectacular, the picture quality and filming was stunning;
although I am still trying to sort out if the end was yet another Shutter Island.

I don't know that I'd go back to see it again, but I look forward to the blu-ray, that is for sure.

I second the statement that this is a great review. An assault on the senses. I loved the Paris transformation, and the world flipping on its self. Very cool.

I second the statement that this is a great review. An assault on the senses. I loved the Paris transformation, and the world flipping on its self. Very cool.

Wife and I are going to see it at IMAX tomorrow...can't wait for those scenes.

THIRD time today. Better every time. Was able to enjoy it more cause I was thinking less, minute by minute.

Wife and I went to see it last night due to the high recommendations here.

OK, it was good, but not in my league for multiple theater views. I'll wait until the Blue Ray comes out and rent it for a second look. The story line was not difficult to follow, unless you fell asleep and missed one of the jumps.

Wife and I went to see it last night due to the high recommendations here.

OK, it was good, but not in my league for multiple theater views. I'll wait until the Blue Ray comes out and rent it for a second look. The story line was not difficult to follow, unless you fell asleep and missed one of the jumps.
Ditto! It was a very good movie (no doubt), but nothing more and nothing less. There is no reasons to see it a second time unless you're given free tickets, drinks and a tub of popcorn ~or~ it's on the tube.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar