Incorrect Puchase History

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
For the heck of it, I checked my Purchase History and it indicated that I had purchased a $6.99 VOD movie Hot Tub Time Mac(chine) on 7/29 at about 6:51 PM.

I almost never purchase PPV and certainly would have remembered purchasing this or any other movie. I do have a PIN and the my spouse does not have the PIN nor wants it. Has anyone else ever had an incorrect Purchase History and how was it handled?

P.S. I would not pay 10 cents for this genre of movie.

I went to DN chat. CSR cannot see the charge because the current billing cycle has not been generated. Said she would put a note on my account about the charge. I have been thinking of going to DTV and if this charge shows up its adios DN after more than 10 years!

from what I have heard and seen channel 1 VOD is NOT protected or protectable. it's even hard to make not appear in the channel listings.

the other possibility is that it is incorrectly identifing a different purchase.

PPV are supposed to be NON-REFUNDABLE. sometimes you can get them to take a ppv off the first time if you agree to set up locks so that an accedental purchase doesn't happen again.

but they do design the PPV/vod ordering system to be that you have to verify the order before you get it.

edit : have any children around? haha 99% of the time it's them all the time

Last edited:
PPV are supposed to be NON-REFUNDABLE. sometimes you can get them to take a ppv off the first time if you agree to set up locks so that an accedental purchase doesn't happen again.

but they do design the PPV/vod ordering system to be that you have to verify the order before you get it.

edit : have any children around? haha 99% of the time it's them all the time

That is why I am disputing the charge. It's just me and the wife and she does not know the PIN, is not interested in nor knows how to order PPV, does not operate the 722K, and like me, does not care for that genre of movie. I have ordered PPV twice and had to go through the PIN drill. I never have ordered VOD but assume it requires the same PIN drill that PPV does. Therefore I can only conclude that this is a glitch. BTW, the wife has her own HDTV in the family room and does not have access to Dish Network there. I was going to install a 211K for her but I am really PO'd about this and will probably go to DTV.

We don't have channel 1 in our favorites list buy occasionally stumble into it and it asks for the pin. I've always used channel up/down to get out of there, and really wish it could be locked out like all other ppv's; but at least it asks for the pin.

Not supporting or disputing the OP's claim, just relating how it is on my 722.

I just tried it. Channel 1 is not in my favorites but when I pressed 1 on my remote it came up. It came up looking for my PIN. A simple arrow down moved me to the first channel of my favorites. You gotta enter a PIN to get a VOD just like PPV....

We don't have channel 1 in our favorites list buy occasionally stumble into it and it asks for the pin. I've always used channel up/down to get out of there, and really wish it could be locked out like all other ppv's; but at least it asks for the pin.

Not supporting or disputing the OP's claim, just relating how it is on my 722.

I just verified that my VOD chan 1 are PIN protected. I would have had to put in the PIN to order that VOD movie. That is something that cannot happen by accident. Anyway, according to another thread, it took one fellow 40 mins to get his bogus VOD charge removed and his receiver did not even have a HD on it.:shocked That is unreasonable IMO. After I get a tree cut down so I can see 6 of the DTV birds, I'll be dropping DN. BTW, to get PPV/VOD channels blocked (zero dollar allowance), it will cost $5.00. That was the final straw!

Is Dish purposefully trying to piss off their long time customers??

What in the hell is going on?

Scott, can you inform Charlie of this mini-revolution going on?

Does he even care?

Is Dish purposefully trying to piss off their long time customers??

What in the hell is going on?

Scott, can you inform Charlie of this mini-revolution going on?

Does he even care?

yes they are.

Well, you got to admit, Dish is doing a very good job at it! They always say it pays to do one thing really good then a bunch of things crappy!:D

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts