Increase in price after the firs two year YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't really commiserate without knowing what equipment and package(s) you have, and what the actual numbers are. Numbers are all relative; $1.90 is 90% more than $1 but isn't really a major concern. However, $190 is 90% more than $100 and is a concern. So where do you fall?

Reactions: charlesrshell
You want to see something scary?

I just ran a Quicken report and the results: I've paid Dish Network $37,500 over the 23 years I've been a customer. That's an average of $1,630 per year and an average of $136 per month.

I think maybe I deserve a free something. A coffee cup maybe? Or a hat? :biggrin

You want to see something scary?

I just ran a Quicken report and the results: I've paid Dish Network $37,500 over the 23 years I've been a customer. That's an average of $1,630 per year and an average of $136 per month.

I think maybe I deserve a free something. A coffee cup maybe? Or a hat? :biggrin
I assume you were being sarcastic, in which case I agree. We pay for a service and they deliver the service. We should try to get the best deal we can. If we can get the service from somewhere else for a better price, we should exercise that option. We are not entitled to anything else. Nothing is free, and I dang sure don't want to pay DISH for you to get a coffee cup...............or hat.

I shutter to think what I've paid to the electric company for the past xx number of years. I never even got a Reddy Kilowatt Pin for my lapel.

I assume you were being sarcastic, in which case I agree. We pay for a service and they deliver the service. We should try to get the best deal we can. If we can get the service from somewhere else for a better price, we should exercise that option. We are not entitled to anything else. Nothing is free, and I dang sure don't want to pay DISH for you to get a coffee cup...............or hat.

I shutter to think what I've paid to the electric company for the past xx number of years. I never even got a Reddy Kilowatt Pin for my lapel.
Yeah, relax, I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

( But, heaven forbid that Dish would send out a $3 coffee cup to loyal customers that have been with them for over 20 years.)

Reactions: TheKrell
There's a BIG difference. I can choose entertainment from several different sources. I have chosen to use Dish for 23 years. I doubt if you can chose a different elec company.

Buy your own dang coffee cup. :hatsoff

I don't need a coffee cup. Have you ever heard the phrase "it's the thought that counts"?

Are you are saying that loyalty is not worth anything to a US company? You might be right -- maybe that's true. I hope not, but if so, then that is just another mark in the minus column of modern life. :(

Or, if its too much, say no thank you and get your shows from somewhere else.

Funny, the people saying "shut up and take it" will be the same ones up in arms when channel owners up their rates.
Usually the higher bills are equipment related, not programming. Additionally, other people like me just get tired of reading about people complaining about how expensive it is and why Dish owes them cheaper costs. I'd like to have a H3 and Joeys in three rooms in my house. But that'd pop my bill like crazy... so I don't have H3's and Joeys in three rooms. I don't whine about how Dish is refusing to discount me for having the extra equipment.

Reactions: navychop
On the call with Dish this morning I was informed that I have been a customer for 24 years and 1 month so the above averages are a bit on the high side. Hoorah!

There's a BIG difference. I can choose entertainment from several different sources. I have chosen to use Dish for 23 years. I doubt if you can chose a different elec company.

:(
Well if your lucky you can create your own power to eliminate or to use your electric company as a backup. But yes it does take up front costs to do so.

Well if your lucky you can create your own power to eliminate or to use your electric company as a backup. But yes it does take up front costs to do so.
Yes, year before last I investigated solar panels with several different firms but given the KW hours we use (a lot) there was no way that I could eliminate the elec company without paying for a $100,000+ installation. For $10,000-$20,000 I could take a bite out of my bill -- but just a bite.