Increase in price after the firs two year YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, year before last I investigated solar panels with several different firms but given the KW hours we use (a lot) there was no way that I could eliminate the elec company without paying for a $100,000+ installation. For $10,000-$20,000 I could take a bite out of my bill -- but just a bite.
Bummer. I paid another extra $2k and have the opposite, next probably a battery. I only have $18k invested. Without rebate takes just over 7 years to pay off.

Reactions: BarnRat
Bummer. I paid another extra $2k and have the opposite, next probably a battery. I only have $18k invested. Without rebate takes just over 7 years to pay off.
Two other reasons: (1) I don't want the panels on my roof -- it would seriously get in the way of re-coating my roof every 5-6 years and (2) my wife and I may not be living here 10 years from now -- we're preparing for that long dirt nap. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ.
I thought solar power was taking a big hit from power companies getting laws passed that take away many of the perks of having panels?
My buddy invested 30k and did okay for couple of year then slowly the local power company added charges to his monthly bill. He does not have any batteries, I think they went from $30 a month to $70 a month charge for doc fees...Welcome to America kids

I thought solar power was taking a big hit from power companies getting laws passed that take away many of the perks of having panels?
My buddy invested 30k and did okay for couple of year then slowly the local power company added charges to his monthly bill. He does not have any batteries, I think they went from $30 a month to $70 a month charge for doc fees...Welcome to America kids
Its state st state....Florida is the worst for solar companies. Here in AZ they have changed things to help the 2 power companies. It all how much lobbying is being done on behalf of the power generators. I now get paid back only once a year, not monthly. They pull crap like charges on me, I will go off grid. My system is 1/3 larger than I need.

Reactions: BarnRat
And look at the folks that get up in arms on this site when a broadcaster ups their fee <$20/year (probably a lot less actually). But responses here are saying "Dish wants $60 more per month? Accept and don't complain!"
$60 more, I think they mean Dish isn’t cutting $60 off my bill anymore. Two wildly different things. People act like they are entitled to large discounts.

I did that with the chat, and even told them, that I was considering going to Directv. They told me, that I should cut back on my Programming, and they told me that they hated to hear that. Maybe, that is the reason why they are losing customers.
Yeah I think one day they will end up like Sear's, Big shopping malls, Butternut candy bar. Saturday morning cartoons and customer service

Reactions: reddice