Increased billing

That there is a whole other issue. If your bill increased under the "24 Mo. Price Lock" promo, it shouldn't be to difficult to sort that out. Note that I wrote "shouldn't". A chat with a DIRT member may be in order.

He has a thread about it. Something isn't correct but it isn't just the increase. They changed the name of his package, and gave a double discount one month. He has been trying for sometime to get it fixed, I and others have given some other suggestions.

That there is a whole other issue. If your bill increased under the "24 Mo. Price Lock" promo, it shouldn't be to difficult to sort that out. Note that I wrote "shouldn't". A chat with a DIRT member may be in order.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with dish, they told me they would open a ticket and call me within 48 hours. Never happened. Contacted DIRT, they have been emailing the back office people but also aren't getting a response. It's been a month. Tampa8 suggested asking for some free premium channels since I doubt they will ever issue me a credit.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with dish, they told me they would open a ticket and call me within 48 hours. Never happened. Contacted DIRT, they have been emailing the back office people but also aren't getting a response. It's been a month. Tampa8 suggested asking for some free premium channels since I doubt they will ever issue me a credit.
Actually, I suggested that. Tampa8 suggested contacting your state's Attorney General, and ChadT41 suggested contacting the BBB.

Considering that the Flex pack locals charge is also $10, I'd say that is the going rate for ala carte access to locals programming, with the standard upcharge included.
If that is the case, there should be a $10 per month Locals Only package, with no requirement to purchase any other programming.

And then increase the Flex Pack locals charge to $15 as well? I don't buy it.
Or perhaps that could be the price of Locals Only, if Dish needs to charge more without other programming being bundled to subsidize the locals.

If that is the case, there should be a $10 per month Locals Only package, with no requirement to purchase any other programming.

Or perhaps that could be the price of Locals Only, if Dish needs to charge more without other programming being bundled to subsidize the locals.
Yeah, Dish is not going to have a locals only package for $10. They would never be able to recoup the cost of initial installation, equipment, etc...

Yeah, Dish is not going to have a locals only package for $10. They would never be able to recoup the cost of initial installation, equipment, etc...
They used to do that. They required customers to purchase the equipment and install it themselves, or pay for the installation.

They used to do that. They required customers to purchase the equipment and install it themselves, or pay for the installation.
And they, undoubtedly, figured out that it was too costly to their business so they took it out of their business model.

They also took it out of their business model to separate out the price of locals on the bill, but they brought that back.
As I recall in the past, if you wanted locals only, the price was something like $15 or $20. That probably wasn't enough to sustain keeping in business. Think about this, in this age of streaming, many if not most would go to stream plan and get their locals only from Dish. Dish cannot maintain a business on that alone, they need the rest of the package to make a go of it. Remember it cost 100s of millions of dollars for each satellite alone.

What I do see happening, IMHO, is that in the near future Dish will allow for you to drop locals from your subscription and you will save that $10 a month. Also, you will probably see certain DMAs have a higher than $10 a month cost for locals. This would be based on what it costs Dish to actually provide those locals. The DMAs like NYC, LA, Chicago, etc. which have a ton of locals available are going to cost more than the smaller DMAs. Let's see how that pans out....

Reactions: pattykay
That is good news, because I have Welcome Pack. :)
I can see that they will allow dropping locals on certain packages only or that the lower costing packages, like Welcome, will have an increase in their monthly subscription. You can have locals in the Flex package, or not, but the base flex pack price is higher than the Welcome package.

Has the Welcome Pack had its locals charge separated out as well?
No, and I remember there being some confusion when the price chart (showing the new locals charges) was first released, because Welcome Pack was listed as $19.99 with a dash in the Locals column, making it unclear whether locals would be included or not. (They are still included, there was no change there.) The other package (besides Flex Pack) that was listed that way was Latino Basico at $29.99 with a dash in the Locals column. When I log in to my mydish account, I now see that package listed as an option as "Latino Basico w/Locals" just like the other packages that had the local charges separated. I do not know how that package appears on the bill (a single line item like Welcome Pack, or a $19.99 line item for Latino Basico plus a $10 line item for locals) but as far as I know, Welcome Pack is the only regular package that is not listed with "w/Locals" at the end of the package name, yet still includes locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)