inDemand events in HD?

sensming

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
To date, Cablevision has not offered any inDemand events in HD (that I have seen).

Does anyone have any information about when they may begin providing that option? (Specifically as it pertains to the UFC?)

Are there technical limitations preventing this?

I have read elsewhere about the "upcoming expansion of HD programming" on Cablevision, but don't know if inDemand events are to be included.

Also, is it possible to see these events in HD with FIOS?

There is a PPV HD channel, I think 790. Hasn't the past UFC events been on there in HD?

As for FIOS, they have no agreement with InDemand to date, so any InDemand product they will not carry. They only have ESPN sporting events, that is it at this time.

There is a HD PPV channel (792), but, they do not show UFC events there when they are aired.

Actually, Cablevision does even state that the fiights are not available in HD when you call (if you ask about it).

When I ask when they will start being available (given the inDemand now carries them in HD) , they say they "don't know", and inquires via the web are answered with their pre-canned: "thank you for your interest in <insert program name here>. blah, blah, blah."

I'm just wondering if there is any hope on the horizon, or, if it will be years before Cablevision supplies stuff like this (I assume the UFC is not the only casualty here) in HD.

Just wondering if anyone has any info they can share on this front...

I get depressed every time I have to spend my $$$ on (bad, no less) SD broadcasts of UFC events, knowing that they *are* available in HD through inDemand.

They've been available in HD since ~February... how much longer befove CV starts carrying these events in HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)