Indian Channels On 95w (g3)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

direclinks

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I am hearing that DiRECTV will launch Indian Channels on 95 West in a couple weeks.

Can anyone confirm this, and provide details about the package, as well as equipment.

DiRECLINKS

I think DirecTV has some transponder space at 95 West, but they don't have a satellite there at all. They have already announced the plans for future satellites. I SERIOUSLY doubt that what you heard is true. They plan on expanding international offerings, but definitely not that quick.

DBSOgre said:
I think DirecTV has some transponder space at 95 West, but they don't have a satellite there at all. They have already announced the plans for future satellites. I SERIOUSLY doubt that what you heard is true. They plan on expanding international offerings, but definitely not that quick.

I do not know if it is still available or not but a few years ago D* did have a International service on a FSS satellite at 95 I believe, E* bought the company that distributed these channels, so D* temporally stopped offering any International channels until the Chinese ones were added over at 119. Maybe D* is going to use this bird again for new International channels and perhaps this is where many of the rumored HD channels are going too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.