Indian Channels On 95w (g3)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

direclinks

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I am hearing that DiRECTV will launch Indian Channels on 95 West in a couple weeks.

Can anyone confirm this, and provide details about the package, as well as equipment.

DiRECLINKS

I think DirecTV has some transponder space at 95 West, but they don't have a satellite there at all. They have already announced the plans for future satellites. I SERIOUSLY doubt that what you heard is true. They plan on expanding international offerings, but definitely not that quick.

DBSOgre said:
I think DirecTV has some transponder space at 95 West, but they don't have a satellite there at all. They have already announced the plans for future satellites. I SERIOUSLY doubt that what you heard is true. They plan on expanding international offerings, but definitely not that quick.

I do not know if it is still available or not but a few years ago D* did have a International service on a FSS satellite at 95 I believe, E* bought the company that distributed these channels, so D* temporally stopped offering any International channels until the Chinese ones were added over at 119. Maybe D* is going to use this bird again for new International channels and perhaps this is where many of the rumored HD channels are going too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)