Indiana/Indianapolis area VOOMERS

Well, hopefully, 3rd, 4th or 5th time is a charm. I have scheduled to get an antennae upgrade, again. Hopefully, whoever is coming out this time, will do more than look at what I have and say that won't work. Duh. Hence your need of being here. Please, please don't fail me now! Its time for the new season to start!!!

nicklew98 said:
Well, hopefully, 3rd, 4th or 5th time is a charm. I have scheduled to get an antennae upgrade, again. Hopefully, whoever is coming out this time, will do more than look at what I have and say that won't work. Duh. Hence your need of being here. Please, please don't fail me now! Its time for the new season to start!!!

Nick
Just to let you know that when we have been there are hand are tied cause the antenna web says your off air channel are out of bloomington so they will not upgrade a antenna so the tech that come out is not at fault we can only do what the will approve. I suggest that you buy your antenna and let the tech install the one you buy. I have tried to get voom to approve a antenna twice for you and both time they said no.

Monday Night Football Audio--Not DD 5.1?

Watching MNF right now through my VOOM stb and my receiver is only decoding Dolby digital 2.0 on both 6.1 and 25.1... I seem to recall all the games being in 5.1 last season. What gives? Do I have an equipment or setup problem here? I'm using TOSlink, BTW...

TIA,
Todd/Indianapolis

How many OTA's are Indy Area viewers now getting with the scanning feature (ANd the large Winguard Antenna?)

I'm getting 6 (ABC), 8 (CBS), 13 (NBC), 20 (PBS), 23 (UPN), and 59 (FOX) (Keystone/Crossing area). I have a custom attic installation however -- not the standard Voom installation -- which allows me to get 23 (UPN).

No problems with regular VOOM OTA antenna here in Noblesville. Receive 6-1,8-1,8-2,8-3,13-1,13-2,20-1,20-2,20-3,23-1,25-1 (not today), 25-2,40-1,40-2, and 59-1. Only one no one can receive is WTTV channel 4, and I get that from DirecTV, in SD.

Thanks for the info. I am currently getting 14 OTA's here in Lafayette with the larger Winguard Antenna. When I moved here, I brought my VOOM equipment and set it up myself - I was still getting my INDY OTA's until I informed voom about my move - I am in the process of getting changed back to the old ZIP in order to get the stations I once had.

Cheers
James

I'm thinking about moving from Dish to Voom so I can get a bit more use out of my HDTV. Now that you guys have had Voom for awhile, what do you think? Is it worth switching to? Do you think they'll survive?

MP

mperdue said:
I'm thinking about moving from Dish to Voom so I can get a bit more use out of my HDTV. Now that you guys have had Voom for awhile, what do you think? Is it worth switching to? Do you think they'll survive?

MP

YES YES AND YES!!!! Go for Voom, I have both Dish and Voom and really believe Voom is an essential addition to any HT. The image quality is vastly superior than Dish and the audio is superior too.The only downside to Voom is not all the channels everyone would want are there in SD.

That is what the other providers are for. Dish and Direct or cable for filler channels and preserve Voom for the important stuff for maximum bandwidth on HD

I am in Indy too and find the Voom receiver is much better on the terrestrial reception. I am on the North side of Indy and receive 17 OTA signals including CH 4, WTTV.

There is not a better time to try Voom than now. You have NOTHING to loose and all the HD to gain. Go for it! You will not be disappointed. :)

I agree. I have had VOOM for about a year now and am very satisfied. VOOM claims that they will launch more SD channels this MARCH and that will be nice to see. There should be more HD by mid year as well - perhaps much more. I live in West Lafayette but am mapped for INDY - I get 13 OTA channels out of the 25 that are listed as being mapped. When super DMA hits our receivers, we should all receive all available OTA's. My OTA HD is terrific.

Just checking on you indy area voomer to make sure everything is going ok have not heard anything from any of you a while> Guess you are all watching voom hd.

tyork

Everything A-OK here. Got the new software download last night and all seems well on the downstairs STB but I have not checked the upstairs STB yet. Hard to stay inside and work on a day like this. 70 degrees and sunny! Snow tonight and tomorrow? What's up with that?

mperdue said:
:) OK, I decided to make the switch. Voom will be installed here on March 3rd. Thanks for the feedback.

Mario

where are you located.

TYORK said:
where are you located.

Just northeast of Indianapolis near Geist. I live in McCordsville, about half a block from the point where Hamilton, Marion and Hancock counties all come together.

Mario

mperdue said:
Just northeast of Indianapolis near Geist. I live in McCordsville, about half a block from the point where Hamilton, Marion and Hancock counties all come together.

Mario
Not sure if i am doing your or not i have 1 indy for the 3rd it is for 4 rec. guess we will see

mperdue said:
Mine is for 2 receivers. I just received the confirmation email about and hour ago.

Mario
want be me than but i will be within a week or so afterwards to see if everything working ok.

TYORK said:
want be me than but i will be within a week or so afterwards to see if everything working ok.
Hopefully everything will be fine then. It should be a very easy install; take down the E* 61.5 dish and replace it with the Voom dish. All the coax is already run through the walls so that will not need to be done. They may need to change the ground connection since mine currently goes to a grounding rod instead of the service panel. They'll probably need to replace the switch too.

Mario

mperdue said:
Hopefully everything will be fine then. It should be a very easy install; take down the E* 61.5 dish and replace it with the Voom dish. All the coax is already run through the walls so that will not need to be done. They may need to change the ground connection since mine currently goes to a grounding rod instead of the service panel. They'll probably need to replace the switch too.

Mario

should have know i would not get the easy one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts