Indianapolis LIL HD Question

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I have read on other forums, and believe it to be true, that Dish Network does have contracts signed with all of the station owners to carry Indianapolis HD local channels.

Since they do not appear currently on Dish, I assume that we have a spot beam issue.

My question is - Will Echostar XI have any spot beams that can rectify the situation or am I screwed until Ciel is up and running?

I have heard they will be available by the end of the year. There is no spot beam room on 61.5 for Indianapolis. They will be either on 118.75 as Conus (if some cities are removed because of being mirrored on 61.5) or 129 (if some cities are removed because of being mirrored on 61.5) or they will be on the new 129 SAT in a spot beam when it takes over.

The answer is "Soon" To quote a great man who knows about these things. I am hopeful of November or December for Indy local HD but I just got tired of waiting so I moved to Chicago for locals since they are on Conus 129.

I have Chicago HD locals too. With the quality of the local HD broadcasters I just may keep Chicago. LIN-TV's WISH-HD is the worst with no local HD and they constantly downconvert because of weather and they are too cheap to update their equipment. Besides they could run crawls, but they choose to completely interupt network programing. Many times the storms have passed and are completely out of the viewing area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts