Info widow pops up by itself - 722 receiver

bertherr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
When I first turn on my 722 receiver the information window pops up by itself. Sometimes it will go away by itself but will appear again until I cancel it. I am referring to the window that appears when you hit the information button on your remote control. I do have the new card installed. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Thanks, Bert

Try this...

When I first turn on my 722 receiver the information window pops up by itself. Sometimes it will go away by itself but will appear again until I cancel it. I am referring to the window that appears when you hit the information button on your remote control. I do have the new card installed. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Thanks, Bert

That used to be an issue with the 721 when the remote address was set to 1. Try reprogramming your remote address to something other than 1.

OK, I'll try switching the remote address. I will not be home for a couple of days to try this. Chainblu, why did you ask if I had a Sony Bravia?

Thanks, Bert

I have a Sony Bravia hooked to a 625 receiver and have the same problem. Ive seen a few posts about this problem as well and it's almost always a Bravia.

In my case it only does it on a "cold start" like when the TV has been off overnight or otherwise several hours.
It seems like something to do with the TV warming up somehow triggers the info screen. Honestly, I have not given it enough thought to try and troubleshoot or fix it and I'm usually not the first one out of bed here, so by the time I get to the TV, it's pretty well warm. lol

However, my first inclination would be that simply changing the remote address would NOT solve the problem. Let us know if you come up with a solution.

We had identical problems with the 222 and the Bravia. However, since getting the new 211k receiver the problem went away on its own. (Overhead lighting -not CFL- as well as ambient daylight also caused it w/the 222)

For us it didn't matter whether the Bravia had just been turned on or not. Both it and the 222 were facing a mirror on the opposite wall.

Switching the remote address seems to have solved my problem. I changed it from 1 to 11 and I have not had the info window pop up on its own since.

This did only happen before on "cold starts" just like with chaninblu.

Thanks for the advice,

Bert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts