Inglorious Basterds

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Just saw this last night, and I really liked it. Classic Tarantino - several sections where 20 minutes of dialogue are more stressful than 45 minutes of Saving Private Ryan - and, of course, the requisite gratuitous violence....

Also a bit of revisionist history (or maybe wish fulfillment would be a better word) at the end, but overall I thought it was good, although it was quite a bit different than what I expected from the trailers.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't what I expected either. I anticipated more action and violence, but the dialog was very well done so it compensated for it.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't what I expected either. I anticipated more action and violence, but the dialog was very well done so it compensated for it.

You expected more violence? It was definitely Taratino. He's gone over the top in his last few movies with the graphic violence--almost like horror films. I miss the implied (but still graphic) violence of Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

FTR, I loved the movie. Did he even act in this one? I don't remember seeing him.

You expected more violence? It was definitely Taratino. He's gone over the top in his last few movies with the graphic violence--almost like horror films. I miss the implied (but still graphic) violence of Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

FTR, I loved the movie. Did he even act in this one? I don't remember seeing him.

I didn't see him in this one either.

I don't think he had any spoken lines, but he was one of the Nazi heads getting scalped.