initial comments on my 622

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
First I have to say I never had any such DVR before and now getting the 622 and having it for a month is a delight. I'm watching episodes of Miami Vice that I not seen since they originally aired on NBC in the 80s among others like CSI.
My only problem now is having to keep up with my viewing of two shows a night at least or my DVR will fill up in like a week or so. So I went to just watching TV Friday nights to watching TV almost every night now on my schedule.
I'm a little concerned about the heat issue with the 622 reading the other thread about that and Summer just around the corner. Since I own the box I may do my own fan additions with an external power supply as I don't want to draw any power in the unit even if its few mwatts.
Regardless of that this DVR is going to make me couch potato... ha haha
You know I like to see that ethernet port activated and like I can access the shows on a web interface or something and watch them on my PC. Or even if there is a way to go to a friends house that has the same 622 I can watch my programs from my DVR through his DVR since they "could" be networked one day.

Does anyone know what File format is used to encode the video files that get recorded? DO they stay in MPEG 2 and 4? IF so what bit rate doe they use? Any Ideas because I think the quality looks just like it aired really really good.
I'll have more comments down the road but wow I been missing this for a long time since its been out and me coming from just a simple Dish Pro 301 it's a delight.

Yes, the 622's are one of the best and most stable DVR since the 510 and 511's. We have two of them and between me, the wife and 3 kids, they keep humming along. The highest priority is external storage for these !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts