Inlaws cancelled Dish out west ...

AcuraCL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
And have moved east.

They did not use the Dish Mover program.

Now Dish wants to charge them both for installation and for a whole new system since they are "existing customers." Partner mentioned the former customer situation when she called.

As I remember, it was a combination of name/phone/address that made you an existing customer. If it is same name, new phone, new address, doesn't the Dish system see you as a new customer?

I've been away from Dish for several years now, so I don't remember all the snags of getting service.

I appreciate any help you guys can provide!

And have moved east.

They did not use the Dish Mover program.

Now Dish wants to charge them both for installation and for a whole new system since they are "existing customers." Partner mentioned the former customer situation when she called.

As I remember, it was a combination of name/phone/address that made you an existing customer.
If it is same name, new phone, new address, doesn't the Dish system see you as a new customer?

I've been away from Dish for several years now, so I don't remember all the snags of getting service.

I appreciate any help you guys can provide!

No, but if the name was different or "new", yes.

Since DISH started collecting SS# it has been harder to become a new customer again. I;ve had the DISH computer tell me a customers credit card had been used on another account. DISH keeps records but also lets FORMER customers return with similar promotions to new customers if they were good customers.

So when they cancelled did they not inform the CSR as to why? The CSRs usually inquire. At that time they would have been told of Dishmover. They can always go to Direct* and get their deal of nothing else.

I'll check and see if they gave a SSN first time around.

I don't know if the CSR asked why. If they didn't maybe we can leverage that to get a deal.

MIL says they did ask, and she did say she was moving, and they told her to return the equipment. She says she specifically asked if she could take it along, and they said it had to be returned.

sounds like they had a incompetent CSR ;)
Heck when I canceled since I owned the equipment the rep asked me if I wanted ot give it to another friend/family member and get them signed up. So they usually ask.

Hi, if Directv has the channels your In-laws want why fight it. Just advise them to start fresh with Directv.

Another option if they want to stay with Dish and can wait 3 months with no service they can start as new. (At least that is my understanding). That's what I'm doing; however, with my FTA and OTA equipment I have not missed Dish much and might not go back.

Later, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)