inline Signal amplifiers

greatdaneguy

Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
I have seen these for sale on ebay and would like to know if these are worth spending money on.
330c_10.GIF
Adding an amplifier is the cheapest way to increase your picture, sound, and overall signal quality significantly! Installation in under 15 seconds. Look at the screen shot above and see how much our amplifier clears up static and picture quality.
New Inline Amplifiers
This is the highest quality amplifier on eBay! Our inline amplifiers will BOOST UP TO 20 dB and cover any 450-2150 MHz ranges.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON EXPENSIVE AMPLIFIERS THAT DO LESS, OUR PRODUCT IS ALL YOU'LL NEED AND THE LOWEST PRICED ON EBAY!
31e8_10.GIF
Designed for inline boosting of weak signals. Powered through the existing coaxial run (no power cable is needed). Deluxe zinc alloy housing with silicon sealant makes perfect for indoor/outdoor use. Water and weather resistant, will not rust. Works with all RG6/RG59 coaxial cables and more!
31a5_10.GIF
If you have coaxial cable runs longer than 20 feet, or if you have split your signal multiple times, you must add a signal amplifier to compensate for signal losses. Our product uses premium-grade electronics for the strongest, cleanest signal with maximum gain and ultra-low noise. You get wideband frequency response and true 75 ohm impedance.
Delivers the best possible signal quality for:
· All satellite systems including all free to air
· Cable internet and TV
· Broadcast TV or HDTV
· Scanners
· FM applications such as CB / radio

I haven't had any success with them. According to signal meter, some signal strengths actually drop, but I have read (although I don't remember where) that the signal does increase, it just does not show up on your signal strength meter. I really cannot tell any difference in picture and my cable run is 160 ft.

Considering the 3rd graphic contains a huge grammatical error that most any 6th-grader should be able to spot in an instant is really all you need to know about this product.

Do not waste your money on this.

These amps are really dealing with the S/N ratio (noise interfering with or degrading the analog IF that carries the digital data to your STB) and won't necessarily give you a higher number on your signal strength meter. You only need to install these for, as one poster stated, for long cable runs or if you are having problems with your picture breaking up into pixel and stutter due to noise on the IF. If you are not have such problems, than these devices aren't really going to help you.

If you must use one, be certain that it is Dish approved or it will VOID any warranty on your system. I presume the device you have pictured is using the Dish and Direct TV logo legally, meaning that the device is Dish and Direct TV approved.

Now, I have seen an increase in signal strength number after connecting my boxes to the DPP44. I'm just reporting what I've observed. Please don't pounce on me on this:).

I haven't had any success with them. According to signal meter, some signal strengths actually drop, but I have read (although I don't remember where) that the signal does increase, it just does not show up on your signal strength meter. I really cannot tell any difference in picture and my cable run is 160 ft.
These are really only for anyone with an excessively long cable run. They will not increase your signal quality rating in the signal strength screen unless your cable run is long enough that you need it. These devices boost all radio signals in the band used, including the noise, so your signal to noise ratio at the receiver is the same, with or without the device, unless your cable length is so long that noise on the line, starts to overpower the signal on the line due to signal drop off. On Dish Network Equipment this starts to happen around 150 - 200 feet. You probably will not see a difference in signal quality measurement until about 300 feet of cable or more. Where you can see the difference is in meters, such as the Super Sat Buddy, that show both signal quality and signal strength in dBs.

I used the Sonora Triple amp on an install with a 1000.2 (with W bracket and DP Singles), a 350 ft cable run, and a DPP44 Switch. The signal strength difference at the receivers was significant (went from around -69dB to -54 on the transponder I checked) with the Amp, but the signal quality was only affected on some of the even transponders of 129, and then it only brought the signal quality measurement up to the level it was at the dish. Odd transponders were the same signal quality measurement at the dish as they were at the receivers, with or without the amp.

LA143.

Note, this will *not* help with rain fade. Inline amps do nothing for rain fade. (you cannot amplify a signal which is not there in the first place). Signal fade is signal fade. WHen it's gone, it's gone.

Didn't know the DPP44 had an amp. The SWM-8 has an AGC-compensating amp, but that's for D*. Have also never seen nor heard of slope compensation built into a multiswitch nor of a slope-compensating amp designed for DBS service. Those are more the purview of CATV systems and usually adjustable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts