input recording?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
How about this?
Can you record to the 522 from an another device?
Example: Playing home movies that are on old vidio tape and puting them on the hard drive on the 522.

blovkisle9 said:
How about this?
Can you record to the 522 from an another device?
Example: Playing home movies that are on old vidio tape and puting them on the hard drive on the 522.

Not as far as I know unless there is a hack that I haven't heard of.

Bob

Are there any hacks for the DVR 522? :confused: I would love to be able to transfer my shows to a computer to burn to dvd rather than hope the DVR won't erase everything.

E* DVRs do not have MPEG encoder capability, therefore, no recording of analog input sources. The satellite stream is already digital, so no problem, and boxes like the 921 can record digital OTA, but not analog OTA or auxiliary inputs.

As for ripping content from the 522, I don't think that's been done yet due to the encryption. There are messy ways it can be done with older DVRs such as the 501 & 508. Go to Yahoo Groups dishmod & dishrip for more.

DVRs are not the same as DVD recorders.

Sounds like a DVD recorder ("burner") is what you want. You can transfer home movies, record live from the satellite or transfer recorded DVR events for archiving.

They're getting to be pretty affordable now. I've seen some "cheapies" for around $299 at WAL*MART.

jameskris said:
Are there any hacks for the DVR 522? :confused: I would love to be able to transfer my shows to a computer to burn to dvd rather than hope the DVR won't erase everything.
Been happily burning DVDs from DVR output... check out this topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts