Inside Sky Angel 04/04/04 summary:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
For those unfamiliar with Sky Angel or Angel One (available on Dish channel 262), every week they used to have a show called Sky Angel Update. It was hosted by Pele Karlsen and his wife and frequently featured Sky Angel founder Bob Johnson.

That show was affectionately known as a "Pele chat". Though the amount of real news on an average "Pele Chat" would make the average Charlie Chat look like a special edition of 60 Minutes, Dateline and 20/20 all wrapped up in one!

Well, that show has been replaced (I'm not sure how long ago now), by "Inside Sky Angel". This is a slick news type show that highlights Sky Angel's programming. It reminds me a lot of the old Laurie Farkas "Inside Dish Network News".

Here is the summary:
The opening "teaser"
-Why Sky Angel news sources have become important to Christians
-Sky Angel's other movie about the "Passion of Jesus' followers"
-Sky Angel adding more proggramming to it's extensive line-up...Find out what other famous horse is joining "Mr. Ed" on Sky Angel.

Reese LeRoy and Stacy Marchione (Marshy-owny) welcome us and invite us to join them every week for their show.

First up: "In the News". "Leading the way in issue oriented programming." They play a tape about the news programs on Sky Angel channels.
They spotlite Z73 audio channel. This is a news-talk audio station 9773.
They continue to spotlight Voive of Jerisalem on channel 9772.

Back to the set. Stacy continues to talk about Bott radio network 9701.

Rich Bott joins Reese in an interview. They Discuss Bott Radio. All Chirstian News/Talk christian radio. They include the President's weekly radio address.

They wrap up the news angles.

They remember Marlin Maddoux, a well know Christian Commentator that recently passed away in March at the age of 70.

They go to a "commercial". This is a Sky Angel promo that tells people how to get a FREE second Dish in markets that have local channels at 61.5°. If you have local channels in one of the following cities, subscribe to your local channels and want to get Sky Angel, just call Dish to get your FREE second dish installed with no strings attached:
Atlanta
Boston
Buffalo
Burlington
Chicago
Cincinnati (THIS MARKET NO LONGER HAS CHANNELS AT 61.5° THEREFORE IT NO LONGER QUALIFIES FOR A FREE SECOND DISH....This happened last Wednesday)
Cleveland
Detroit
Ft. Myers
Greenville, SC
Indianapolis
Louisville
Memphis
Miami
Nashville
New York city
Orlando
Paducah
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Roanoke, VA
St. Louis
Tampa
Washington, D.C.

They make sure to say to check with Dish Network for local channels availability. They also make sure to say "AFTER you have your second dish installed for the rest of your local channels....call Sky Angel to subscribe."

Stacy now spotlights a few "classic" TV shows. and proudly announces that "The Lone Ranger" is now available on Guardian TV channel 9707 M-F at 3:30pm

They move to spotlight childern's programming.

Another promo for Sky Angel programming.

So far this program is very slick and professionally presented.

Time to Sky Angel's "Tech Talk with Glenn"
Glenn talks about how to hook up a second dish to an existing Dish Network subscription. It is ultra basic information. Glenn says to go to www.skyangel.com/techtalk or e-mail telktalk.skyangel.com for more information on this and other tech talk into.

Another "commercial" for Sky Angel...this would make me not want to get Sky Angel...tries to debunk evolution. (See main Sky Angel Forum for appropriate thread "Thorn in My Side")

They promote the show "The Hoven Theory" this is part 6 of a semenar on evolution theory and creation "science" April 30th 8-10pm on Angel Two 9702. It's tag line is "You have nothing to lose but a bad theory."

Special Events Spotlight.

Easter morning "starting at sunrise" there will be a slew of special programming. Clips of the following programs shows:
"Let Heaven and Nature Sing"...Musical program
"The Messiah: Prohecy Fullfilled" ...Movie - Period
"The Judas Project" ...Movie - Modern Day
"The Passion" ...Stage Play

Special programming on Angel One 6am to Midnight Easter Sunday. Channels 9701 and 262 (available to all Dish Network Subscribers)

They then spotlight the folloing programs on other channels
"The First Easter" (3d animated-Musical movie) April 7 Cornerstone TV 9712 (also available to Pittsbugh Locals subscribers with a Dish pointed at 61.5°.)

"Who is Jesus?" (Lecture) Dr. James Kennedy & Guest also on Cornerstone 4/19 at 10pm

Reese will now sing to us with a musical tribute...
They then mention Reese LeRoy's CD and how to buy it. Stacy briefly interviews Reese.

And that's it!

According to my trusty Dishplayer this program will be repeated for the next couple of weeks on channels 262 and 9701.
4:30 AM 4/5
2:30 & 8:30 PM 4/6
5:30 AM, 3 PM & 11 PM 4/7
10 AM 4/8
2:30 AM & 5:30 PM 4/9
9:30 AM 4/10
12:30 AM 4/11
4:30 AM 4/12

See ya
Tony

I don't understand why them not believing in evolution and stating it is so bothersome to you. It's what Christians believe and so they say it. There's nothing wrong with that. I understand if you disagree but I dont know why it bothers you when that's what they believe. They believe God created man and in his current form, not from monkeys. It says in the bible "God created man" so it's what they believe.

Wonderworld. I have no problem with them saying that "according to scripture, the universe and everything in it was created and that is what we believe". As a matter of fact, I wish they would JUST say that.

What I have a problem with is creating a pseudo-science and trying to debunk REAL science in order to PROVE creation is correct and evolution is not. By definition NOTHING in the Bible needs to be proven. It's an article of faith. You either beleive it or you don't. If one requires proof, that, by definition, means one DOESN'T believe in the Word. Creation "Science" is the biggest sham ever. Scientifically it doesn't hold water. However, my point is that theologically it doesn't have to.

So again, I have no problem with creationist saying "we believe in creation". I have a problem with creationist with such weak faith that they need to prove something that cannot be proven and never needed proof in the first place. I have a problem with people with NO scientific meathod using scientific terms to attack a theory that has been pretty much proven even to the cellular level (DNA). As the DNA strands are mapped, we can see exactly where and how species mutated to become all the wonder of our planet.

And not all Christians believe in a litteral creation either. It is a fairly small, but significant percentage. But not all.

Any followups to this post and the previous post, please take them to the following thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10365

well

TNGTony said:
Wonderworld. I have no problem with them saying that "according to scripture, the universe and everything in it was created and that is what we believe". As a matter of fact, I wish they would JUST say that.

What I have a problem with is creating a pseudo-science and trying to debunk REAL science in order to PROVE creation is correct and evolution is not. By definition NOTHING in the Bible needs to be proven. It's an article of faith. You either beleive it or you don't. If one requires proof, that, by definition, means one DOESN'T believe in the Word. Creation "Science" is the biggest sham ever. Scientifically it doesn't hold water. However, my point is that theologically it doesn't have to.

So again, I have no problem with creationist saying "we believe in creation". I have a problem with creationist with such weak faith that they need to prove something that cannot be proven and never needed proof in the first place. I have a problem with people with NO scientific meathod using scientific terms to attack a theory that has been pretty much proven even to the cellular level (DNA). As the DNA strands are mapped, we can see exactly where and how species mutated to become all the wonder of our planet.

And not all Christians believe in a litteral creation either. It is a fairly small, but significant percentage. But not all.

Any followups to this post and the previous post, please take them to the following thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10365

first off Tony, please note that I am not upset but enjoy the adult conversation so I dont want you to take offense to me. I enjoyed reading your response.

I think the only thing I differ with your post on is, Christians feel they DO have the scientific proof to show the creation process. You state that you have a problem with the one's that show no proof. The thing is, Christians look at the bible as pure proof whereas many people who don't believe in anything feel that it may be right and may not be right. They dont believe it is proof. Faith is based on just that..........faith. We will never understand everything in the bible and the reason for it. So Christians use that as their proof since the bible counters evolution, Christians don't feel there's any need for anymore proving, because they feel the bible is the best proof in existance.

I see your point but that's just how I feel.

Wonderworld,

Just as you said, this is adult conversation. I have not take any offense nor do I indend any.

Again, everyone, for any further posts on this subject, please post it to http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10365 just to keep things tidy. It's my pet peave and I don't wish to involve more than one thread to this conversation since it can be inflamatory.

Thanks for your understanding.

See ya
Tony

Looking over the schedule..Very different in some parts of the day than a normal PBS station. I doubt that Sky Angel would pick this up though..first because of PBS" perceived "liberal" slant in their programming..and second, questions about financial support..being that WLAE would have a "national" forum and possibly have an unfair advantage as far as support during pledge drives.

Tim Lones

Oh, I don't know. SA has some preaching channels that run the full spectrum from the "Health and Wealth" theology to the more legalistic Seventh Day. Then, there is the Roman Catholic doctrine on Familyland. I think the SA folks are tolerant so long as the individual channels subscribe to SA's statement of faith and honour their promises of cross-promotion of SA.

In so far as fund raising all PBS fund raisers, I have seen, have been in good taste, very unlike the shameless begathons displayed on TBN. Other PBS stations may cry foul but maybe not since SA subscription base is small, compared to Direct and Dish.

One concern in my mind is how do they handle questionable content. I have noticed that Guardian has some piece of equipment that screens the Pax language for profanity and Familyland will use black boarders to blot out movie scenes that are too revealing. There is a lot of amoral and immoral PBS entertainment programming. It would be interesting to find out how a station like WLAE addresses this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts