insight cablecard issue

nlane01s

Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
I just recently signed up for Insight Cable's plan with HD and decided to go the cablecard option. It was installed yesterday, however, it's not working and the techs who installed it have no idea. I am using a Pioneer 4360HD.

Anyone else here use their cablecards? Are the channels suppose to just "show up". The cablecard diagnostic tool is showing a successful connection to the service, but no digital channels.

I get the analog channels ok via the coax cable, but no digital content and my channel up and down button does not work (obviously since there is no guide being filled by the cablecard).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

the tech should of had them send a "hit" to that "box" again and it should apear. when i had them, you had to do a channel search, and it of course froud the non encripted ones fast, but took 30 minutes to find the "digital" ones, try doing that first, if it dont work, then call them up

Have them send another tech out. but ask for one who knows what he is doing. Any tech who leaves a job with a customers service not working or without informing the customer as to how the issue will be fixed, is an idiot and probley want last long. So take what he did/said witha grain of salt because obviously he doesnt care about his job.

Well, I called and complained, a rep came out right way this evening. Upon turing my TV on, my guide finally picked up Insight, Springfield as an option. I selected it, but only about 25 channels showed up. The guy then shut my TV down, took the card out, put it back in and I had to rechoose the my guide setup. THen, it wasn't loaded and was going to take a while.

He checked my cable line and it had a "booming" signal, I am told. They tried to "hit" it and discovered that my card is not picking up an IP address. Anyone have this issue before? The rep said they haven't had many issues with the cablecards, but I've talked with 2 friends that have/had it and they both said they had many issues.

Thre rep is coming back tommorow and bringing a few extra cards. We'll see what happens. He also mentioned something about my TV need to be upgraded? How can that be? It's less than a year old! I hope he meant the firmware or software of the TV; but I highly doubt this one. It sounds more like a card or cable issue.

What do you think?

Did they try to get you to get their DVR saying it wont have these problems?

I've read of cable compaines (not Insight per se) using defective equipment to get people to just get their DVRs. Some cable companies (again, not accusing Insight here) don't like cable cards...why let the customer pay $2 when they could be paying $10 more....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)