Insight not offering NFL Network Games

noneroy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
Just so you are all warned, Insight is NOT going to offer any of the NFL games to be broadcast on the NFL Network. They are also not going to tell you about this. They are just going to wait to see if anyone notices.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

I'm not a sports watcher, but find this surprising, given Insight's constant promotion of the NFL Network and its VOD component.

(I would be happy if Insight would merely add VOD from all the (cable) networks they now carry. If they would also add Anime Network, either VOD or 24/7, I'd be ecstatic.)

Surprising to hear since I watched a Denver game last Sunday night (I think it was) on the NFL Network and I only have Insight.

11290 said:
Surprising to hear since I watched a Denver game last Sunday night (I think it was) on the NFL Network and I only have Insight.

That's preseason.

What they are not showing is going to be the NFL Network games later in the season because Insight has to pay extra to cover them. Those are the games that start after Thanksgiving.

I hope I'm wrong, but since I just switched to D*, I'm not too worried. YMMV.

That's preseason.

What they are not showing is going to be the NFL Network games later in the season because Insight has to pay extra to cover them. Those are the games that start after Thanksgiving.

I hope I'm wrong, but since I just switched to D*, I'm not too worried. YMMV.

Your wish has been fulfilled!

Insight has carried the live Thursday night games here and this Saturday they will carry a live NFL game as well.

I do find it interesting that the NFL channel will be carrying college bowl games as well. Guess there are too many bowl games for ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CSTV, ABC, CBS, FOX, et. al.

Guess you missed this announcement. Free preview of the NFL Network Dec. 24-30, which would include the 2 College Bowl games, but not the NFL game.

Ball's in your court cable ops.

Your right i did miss it as it came out the same day i posted..

Its awful nice of them to do this, im sure the many many letters they received from people upset over missig those games and the many many letters the NCAA got over missing those games at nothing to do with their deceision either. Or the fact they want to get cable subs addicted to it with the preview. HBO did this alot when they were starting to get people addicted. Im not saying they are doing it only for their benefit but their record would indiciate it has a little to do with it..