Insignia BD Player at BBuy for $349

If your refrigerator does not have a bar code scanner, full screen display and internet connection- IT'S OBSOLETE!

That's right, your refrigerator should read the scan code of everything you put in it, and take out of it. And cover your canned goods, too. You should input desired stocking levels. More and more stores are offering home delivery of these items after your refrigerator calls in the order.

Refrigerators aren't just for keeping things cold anymore. Enjoy the maximum today's technology offers! And don't forget to add the "diet minder" option. Yes, your refrigerator can measure what you eat and call you out as the fat pig you are!

Installation, internet connection and maintenance, and programming are all the responsibility of the user. Wireless scale is extra. Infra-red body fat scanner is extra and may require an additional monthly fee. For an added fee, the "diet minder" will not report it's findings to your doctor or insurance company.

:haha Funniest thing I've seen in this forum.

S~

Pretty good Navy :)

In all seriousness, some of the complaints on here are close enough to calling a refrigerator without an ice maker (still have ice trays, oh noes!) or the front crushed/cubed ice and water dispenser, obsolete.

:up

Damn GE, they charge more for filtered water and crushed ice (something that should be standard :rolleyes:) when they should just give us the refrigerator so we'll buy more food.

WOW am I reading what I think I'm reading. WTF does an icebox have to do with BD flaws. Another weak analogy to cover the flaws of BD. This is an all time low, but hey if it floats your boat then go for it. Its a sad day when the usual suspects become each others yes:up men.

WOW am I reading what I think I'm reading. WTF does an icebox have to do with BD flaws. Another weak analogy to cover the flaws of BD. This is an all time low, but hey if it floats your boat then go for it. Its a sad day when the usual suspects become each others yes:up men.
True!! Now where in Vurbano?:rolleyes:

I think 199 is steep for it.

I think you're expecting too much. Funai, of course, wants to get on the money making wagon too.

I dont necessarily fault them for it, but I really wish we'd see some of these lower cost brands hit the $249-$199 mark asap AND offer a decent player. It appears these may not be too bad, but they could afford to be cheaper.

I think you're expecting too much. Funai, of course, wants to get on the money making wagon too.

I dont necessarily fault them for it, but I really wish we'd see some of these lower cost brands hit the $249-$199 mark asap AND offer a decent player. It appears these may not be too bad, but they could afford to be cheaper.
No Im not. I just think anyone that buys anything other than a PS3 at this point is flushing money down the toilet.

I have to agree with this, but that's my opinion. Only if the PS3 remote was more worthy.

I dont disagree that the PS3 is a great value(owned one), but the slightly soft PQ was an issue for me. I liked the BT remote and loved having the hdd for mp3 storage, but lets face it, I bought it for video playback. I paid $499 for my PS3, I sold it and then paid $499 for my BD30 and have not looked back because the BD30 offered a little more in the PQ department.

If I was buying now(knowing what I do about the PS3 and the BD30), Id buy the BD50 before buying the PS3.

I dont disagree that the PS3 is a great value(owned one), but the slightly soft PQ was an issue for me. I liked the BT remote and loved having the hdd for mp3 storage, but lets face it, I bought it for video playback. I paid $499 for my PS3, I sold it and then paid $499 for my BD30 and have not looked back because the BD30 offered a little more in the PQ department.

If I was buying now(knowing what I do about the PS3 and the BD30), Id buy the BD50 before buying the PS3.
How much softer? show me screen grabs from both. You also have to consider that BD may fail in a few years and in your case all you would have is a nice doorstop. PS3 owners still have a game system.

How much softer? show me screen grabs from both. You also have to consider that BD may fail in a few years and in your case all you would have is a nice doorstop. PS3 owners still have a game system.

And our HD DVD players are doorstops, too ;) Chance you take with being an early adopter.

S~

"Fail in a few years" ?

At the rate they're selling, a few years sales will ensure permanence.

"Fail in a few years" ?

At the rate they're selling, a few years sales will ensure permanence.
What rate, didn't the president of New Line just come out with concerns that BD wasn’t selling enough and that the average store only had 1-2 BD players on the shelves. Also I know there are no true source of numbers to calculate the actual numbers but wasn’t BD like 1% of DVD sales? I know you love to swear by that misleading sales thread you fed in the warzone but there is no source to back you up.

The PS3 is still a good buy. I have not watched DVDs on it, so I cannot comment on upconvert softness. BDs seem pretty good quality, but I am sure dedicated players will beat the PQ before long. The PS3 has been great, getting updates (bought mine a year ago).

One of these days I will get the mythical BD player that has fantasic PQ, every imaginable feature and costs $100 (although I would consider under $500). The PS3 will hold me for quite a while longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts