Insomnia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then your post count wouldn't be so high! ;)

Sometimes a cap of Nyquil helps me, or 2 Tylenol PM gel caps. I tried Lunesta for a while, didn't do much. Sometimes seemed to help, sometimes not.

Can't count sheep. Gets me to thinking how much I like lamb, and how much I dislike removing the leg bone. Gotta just buy boneless, and while I'm there....... Yep, can't count sheep. :p

Good luck.

Last edited:
Finally got some sleep at 7am, sat down on the bed next to my daughter to move her around and linger in the warm fuzzy feelings of parenthood and bam I was out like that for the next hours.

I used to have it real bad when I was in my late teens through my late 20's and one day it went poof, since then its been sporadic but it tends to be tied into my moods and stress levels.

Sleep? What's that? I can count on one hand how days a month I get even 4 hours uninterrupted. I've been awake about 42 hours now.

yeah, i cant sleep either, doc gave me drugs, nothing. only thing that works for me is getting drunk!! wish i could do that more often.

But the drunk approach gets me up all night visiting the loo.

However, a big Thank You to everyone who has posted. My sleep problems seem so minor now, in comparison.

i once went through this for 6 months. no sleep at all. sometimes is mental. a very busy mind is the worst. i've learned to not worry or think about anything. when is time to sleep, sleep. Don't talk with your wife about anything, don't think just relax and try to go blank. It's easier said than done but i learned. If it's some type of medical condition then that's different. hope you sleep :sleeo sometimes leaving the tv on with the sound low helps. put the tv on a sleep timer so you don't worry about having to turn it off later

I think I have the opposite of Insomnia. Not quite narcolepsy, but pretty damn close. Lemme explain...

At nights after dinner, I struggle to keep my eyes open. If I'm sitting in my Lay-Z-Boy, watching TV, I can't stay awake typically past 10pm. The only thing that keeps me conscious is drinking 4-6 cups of coffee after dinner. This will keep me alert until 10-11pm. Then, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out, no matter how much caffeine I've consumed in the day.

My day starts at 5am btw. This getting up before the sun has risen wears on you....

I think I have the opposite of Insomnia. Not quite narcolepsy, but pretty damn close. Lemme explain...

At nights after dinner, I struggle to keep my eyes open. If I'm sitting in my Lay-Z-Boy, watching TV, I can't stay awake typically past 10pm. The only thing that keeps me conscious is drinking 4-6 cups of coffee after dinner. This will keep me alert until 10-11pm. Then, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out, no matter how much caffeine I've consumed in the day.

My day starts at 5am btw. This getting up before the sun has risen wears on you....

me and you are going through the same thing. i start work at the same time and by 8pm i'm usually in bed. I stopped with the coffee because it gets to a point that it makes things worse. we're both just tired. i have found that exercising and hour later after i eat keeps my energies up.

I'm becoming a chronic insomniac. Several reasons including significant life changes in the past year or so, job pressures, general worrying, and a pain in my shoulder that is more rather than less these days. A (one) Tylenol PM is a help, but that one can still leave me groggy the next day even if I got the requisite 8 hrs. A beer buzz helps me sleep more, but still not uninterrupted for obvious reasons. I cut back on the caffeine but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Perhaps I should stop falling asleep in front of the HT...!

Think its something Im ingesting, no matter how hard I tried I couldnt fall asleep lastnight till around 1am and when the alarm went off at 3am I felt like I was heavily drugged and after 15 mins I knew that I wasnt going to be able to drive to work safely much less operate the heavy equipment I use at work so after 10 tries I got the right number called and called off work then turned around and slept for the next 10 hours.

At nights after dinner, I struggle to keep my eyes open. If I'm sitting in my Lay-Z-Boy, watching TV, I can't stay awake typically past 10pm. The only thing that keeps me conscious is drinking 4-6 cups of coffee after dinner. This will keep me alert until 10-11pm. Then, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out, no matter how much caffeine I've consumed in the day.....

If you give blood, send me a pint. I'd like a little of what you've got. :hungry:

Just a little.

I am part of the insomnia club too! Tried everything from natural sleeping aids to dr. subscribed aids. Doctor said I have GAD(general anxiety disorder) and that 19 million people have it. He gave me effeor XR which has helped. Did a lot of research on herbal sleeping aids and a product called Restaid receives high ratings from several independent reviewers. Just got it today. Will let you know how it works.

I am part of the insomnia club too! Tried everything from natural sleeping aids to dr. subscribed aids. Doctor said I have GAD(general anxiety disorder) and that 19 million people have it. He gave me effeor XR which has helped. Did a lot of research on herbal sleeping aids and a product called Restaid receives high ratings from several independent reviewers. Just got it today. Will let you know how it works.

thank you, please do. "real " drugs have done nothing for me. ambien, i forgot the name of another, the one with a beaver & abe and some other one they gave to thoes with mental problems. all could have been a sugar pill as far as i coulkd tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)