install 612 receiver for 3rd HD output

mikslc

Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Utah
Help! Have two 722 receivers currently connected to dish 500. Each 722 is wired using a separator and feedback route to service the SD (2nd tv line). The feed from the satellite to the 722 currently has a (2 way) separator outside with one out going to the 722 receiver and the second to the #2 tv, with the descrambled SD signal feeding back from the 722 through the separator. I want to disconnect the 2nd TV line out from the 722 and use the output end (line coming from the satellite through the separator (outside the house) to connect a 612 receiver in order to have 2 HD outputs, where previously I had one SD and one HD (through the 722 -- The second 722 setup I plan to leave unchanged.) Can this be done simply by connecting up the 612, or do I have to rewire? How do I get this setup? Hope this was clear. Thanks.

Each receiver must have its own line from the LNB. It sounds like you have diplexers to feed the SD tv not separators. Separators are used to feed both receivers at the back of the receiver. Remove the diplexer outside from the line and run a line from the dish to the the coax that was feeding the SD tv.

Many thanks. I assume the LNB has available connections for 3 receivers since I already have two 722s connected.

Do you have a second dish for your HD locals? If so, your Dish 500 probably has a DPP twin LNB. The DPP twin only has two outputs. In this case, probably the cheapest thing to do (if you do it yourself) is to replace the DPP twin with a DP twin, and run the output of all 3 LNBs into a DPP33 switch. A DPP33 switch has 3 satellite inputs and 3 receiver outputs.

Or put up a Dish 1000.2 which will add not only the third receiver output, but also the 129° slot which carries most of the national HD channels. If you have 2 dishes as TheKrell described, this will let you go down to 1.

I have one dish 500 with 3 satellite feeds (119, 110, 129). Presume I can use a 44 (powered) switch as well as a DPP 33 switch. Correct?? I am thinking the 44 switch will leave me more options for the future.

I have one dish 500 with 3 satellite feeds (119, 110, 129). Presume I can use a 44 (powered) switch as well as a DPP 33 switch. Correct?? I am thinking the 44 switch will leave me more options for the future.
There is no such animal! IIRC you can do a Menu --> 6-1-3 and read off the device line. You almost certainly have a 1000.2 which has an integrated switch with 3 outputs. Just run another cable from your unused 3rd output to your new 612. No outboard switches are needed.

It could be an old D1000 it only had connections for 2 receivers, I believe.

I have one and had to add a DPP44 for my 4 receivers, 1000.2 would have had to have DPP44 anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)