Install/Auth question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I got my old Hughes Tivo out of the closet and the triple LNB dish that came with it. I plug in the Tivo and it wont go past the gray screen that says "Welcome, just a few more seconds" so therefore I can't reinstall the dish. Why?

With this dish, will I be able to get Myrtle Beach SC locals, if so, what dish in the sky are they located on and will this triple lnb dish pick up that particular satellite?

I called D* and they said they could reactivate me for free but the install would cost unless I did it myself. What motions or new equip do I need? I won't NO NO NO contracts.

Also w/ Directv, is it easy to "move" with them as it is E* or do they have stricter spotbeam rules?

jself1982 said:
What motions or new equip do I need? I won't NO NO NO contracts.

Also w/ Directv, is it easy to "move" with them as it is E* or do they have stricter spotbeam rules?

The best thing for you to do is put it back in the closet and keep watching dish.

jself1982 said:
I got my old Hughes Tivo out of the closet and the triple LNB dish that came with it. I plug in the Tivo and it wont go past the gray screen that says "Welcome, just a few more seconds" so therefore I can't reinstall the dish. Why?

With this dish, will I be able to get Myrtle Beach SC locals, if so, what dish in the sky are they located on and will this triple lnb dish pick up that particular satellite?

I called D* and they said they could reactivate me for free but the install would cost unless I did it myself. What motions or new equip do I need? I won't NO NO NO contracts.

From the terminology that you are using I would suggest you are better off paying to get the dish installed professionally. You don't sound as if you know what you are doing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.