install help please

fletching

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Hi I could use a bit of help connecting a new receiver. I just purchased a receiver for a 5th room and want to hook it up to the existing line which is a dish dual LNB "dish" no HD on any TV in the house. I have a 522 DVR running 2 tv's then I have a 322 no DVR of course running 2 more TVs. I purchased a DP301 with yellow card. I want to stick it on the same setup however, The original setup goes from the dish to my old camcast box where it is run through a ground block and 1 line to a dpd25 I believe or dsp25 forgot the exact number bit it say SAT on one side and VHF/UHF on the other and in/out on the single side. that line runs to the front of the house for the 522 and the other to the back for the 322 no splitter switch or anything on the 322. Can I split the one in the back with a digital splitter or do I need a multi switch. I humbly await your infinite wisdom.
thanks in advance for looking.
Brett

arrrgh..........have an installer do it correctly, DPP44 would make life easier, or a 1000.2 dish. Either way..........if you haven't done this stuff before, you probably will end up torturing yourself for a few days.

You're going to need one DPP44 switch or two DP34 switches to hook all that up properly. The DPP44 will probably be the most Plug-and-Play with the way your setup sounds, but you'll still need to run another line for your new receiver out to the new switch(es).

thanks for the help there I am not a complete idiot as I install home theater equipment part-time. I have not however installed dish specifically so any help is always appreciated. 1 more question would be do I need to run the front of the house and the back through the switch or can I get away with just the back? Judging from the comments it sounds like all must go through first then to the proper receivers. I expected to run a line to the new receiver just wanting to make sure before I get into it.

Now to find the switch .
Thanks again

Uhhuh

What Skibum said will work. DPP44s are a little expensive so 2 DP34s might be the way to go. Make sure your LNBs are all DP. You used to be able to download installation diagrams off Dish's website. They were some of the old owners manuals. Might be something to look at, since you have some cableing experience.

Good Luck, Eric

you want a DPP44, if you do the 2 DP34's, you will have to run an additional line to each existing reciever as well as to the new box.

Step1... Buy DPP44 Switch
Step2... Cut 2 lines coming off of satellite dish (put new connectors on)
Step3... Take 2 lines coming off dish and screw them on to the Inputs1 &2 on the DPP44
Step4... Take 2 existing lines going into house and connect them to Outputs 2&3 on DPP44
Step5... Run new line to new receiver, connect to Output 1 on DPP44
Step6... Inside behind new reciever, install DPP44 Power Inserter.. make all connections before plugging power inserter in
Step7... Run Check Switch Test on all receivers... hopefully they all come up ok and you are ready to watch tv... if not, return to satelliteguys.us to troubleshoot :)

Hi I could use a bit of help connecting a new receiver. I just purchased a receiver for a 5th room and want to hook it up to the existing line which is a dish dual LNB "dish" no HD on any TV in the house. I have a 522 DVR running 2 tv's then I have a 322 no DVR of course running 2 more TVs. I purchased a DP301 with yellow card. I want to stick it on the same setup however, The original setup goes from the dish to my old camcast box where it is run through a ground block and 1 line to a dpd25 I believe or dsp25 forgot the exact number bit it say SAT on one side and VHF/UHF on the other and in/out on the single side. that line runs to the front of the house for the 522 and the other to the back for the 322 no splitter switch or anything on the 322. Can I split the one in the back with a digital splitter or do I need a multi switch. I humbly await your infinite wisdom.
thanks in advance for looking.
Brett

What you have now is a DPP twin LNB with 2 lines diplexed out. You must add a switch and yes the whole house should run off the switch and also the receivers power the switch. A DPP44 would be best, you would only need 3 lines off the dish. A Dish 1000.2 might be a better option as you would get the 129 for future HD use and would not need a DPP44 as it has 3 feeds off it. Splitters are a big NO NO on all SAT lines. They dont work. TV2 backfeeds are ok but never on sat feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts