Install help

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
I installed a DISH 1000.4 today and set it up for my area.

ZIP: 46055
EL: 42 - using the top of the bracket as the indicator
AZ: 162
SK: 75 - using the point under the bolt as the indicator

I was able to locate and sync to the 72 satellite location in very short order, the new adjustments make things very easy. I couldn't get a lock on the 61.5 satellite regardless of the azimuth that I tried. Anyone have any ideas about what (other than a bad LNB) could be causing this?

Mario

LOS problem? Any trees or other obstructions in the way? And are you JUST getting the 72? If so, you may have the elevation either too high or too low. I haven't messed with a EA yet, so I can't tell you exactly which way you should go.

There's no LOS issue, that's the reason I'm installing this dish to begin with. I have a clear, treeless view of this section of the sky from the installed location. I tried raising and lowering the elevation angle but that didn't do anything but make the 72 signal strength drop.

Mario

Cover the other two LNBs with foil to make sure you are getting the correct satellite for the LNB you are using for aiming.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I finally got a chance to try again and was able to get both 61.5 and 72 showing up. I plan to do a little tweaking to get peak signals (I'm currently running 50+ on both locations) and then connect it all to my house to address my LOS problem. Of course I can't receive the channels off the 72 satellite because I don't have the new smart card yet (the person who called me from ceo@dishnetwork.com assured me that I didn't need the new cards) but that's another issue.

Mario

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)