Install help

sweatherbie

Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
Lancaster, Pa
I am having a problem with one of my installs and need some advice.
I am using 2 Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra's and a Geosat pro sl2-bullet LNBF for AMC4 Adventist TV.
1 room is diplexed with digital cable and am getting great signal and quality, the other room was diplexed and rarely would lock in. I direct connected that room to the LNBF and signal would lock but had a lot of digital artifacts, switched LNBF ports and signal locked on the receiver I was origionally having problems with but lowered or lost completely on the receiver that I had no problems with. I tried 3 other SL2-bullets with same results.
What have I missed. They both work great seperately with or without being diplexed, as soon as I combine them that's when my problems start.

Can you help?

Since this is a not a Glorystar system, you might receive better answeres for your question in the regular FTA forum.....

DVB receivers often have voltage on ground. When connecting multiple receivers to a common LNBF, the voltage on the ground interacts between the receivers. To verify if this is the case in your situation, does the second receiver operate properly if the master power switch is turned off on the first receiver?

Additional Trouble Shooting: Are both receiver coax cables grounded to the same bonded ground? Does the issue exist if both receivers are plugged into the same electrical outlet? Does the issue exist if the second receiver is feed by the loop out port of the first receiver? Does the issue exist if you use two different models or brands of receivers together?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts