install issues - Superdish 121

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kain2k

Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
I'm rather new to this, set up a couple dtv sats way back when, but ive come to realize multi lnb dishes are a world different.

So i have this mammoth superdish 121, ealier yesterday i was only able to pull down 110 off the 110 lnb by making huge adjustments. Read the forum, replummed the mast, now im getting 119 all over the place. My box is reading it at 121 118 and 107( i noticed that not all of the transponders were getting picked up though). I dont doubt ive screwed this up.

Read the switch FAQ and now ive got 119 very strong at 119 with all the transponders, but still have it on other channels, also im picking up an "unknown network" fairly weak, im guessing thats 110, but its too weak to really tell.

My mast was still a little off plum, so i raised the elevation to 35 and found a signal.
dishpointer settings azim 234 ele 30 skew 123.1
I read somewhere that changing the skew should be avoided, any suggestions?

Sorry for the wall of text just wanted to be thorough

First off, what's your zipcode? That will aid things greatly.

Usually what I do is peak in off the 119. If you get the 119...AND the mast is plumb and proper EL and AZ settings are set...the 110 and 121 will come in.

Just out of curiosity, why even mess with a SD121, there's nothing there for the typical residential customer?

First off, what's your zipcode? That will aid things greatly.
Just out of curiosity, why even mess with a SD121, there's nothing there for the typical residential customer?

ive been asking myself the same question. I was planning to throw a 129 lnb for HD on the dish with a hose clamp (read an excellent post here at satguys about it) but im wondering if a 100/119 d500 and a seperate 129 dish wouldnt just be eaiser. That dish is so big and clumsy its a nightmare to adjust.

Usually what I do is peak in off the 119. If you get the 119...AND the mast is plumb and proper EL and AZ settings are set...the 110 and 121 will come in.

the mast is close but its not perfect, the bubble is probally 3/4 in between the lines at both 90 angles. Thats whats probally causing the problem huh?

Also, it seems like either the 119 or the 121 lnb is possibly dead or broken, how common is that?

Last edited:
Having a problem setting up my superdish 121, can someone confirm Sat 119 settings in 65065 as 210 El. 38 skew 120:confused:

Last edited:

ive been asking myself the same question. I was planning to throw a 129 lnb for HD on the dish with a hose clamp (read an excellent post here at satguys about it) but im wondering if a 100/119 d500 and a seperate 129 dish wouldnt just be eaiser. That dish is so big and clumsy its a nightmare to adjust.

the mast is close but its not perfect, the bubble is probally 3/4 in between the lines at both 90 angles. Thats whats probally causing the problem huh?

Also, it seems like either the 119 or the 121 lnb is possibly dead or broken, how common is that?

121 Superdishes are being phased out in my market... not sure what programming you're still getting off the 121.... everything is switching to 500+/1000+ Super Dishes to get the 118.7 instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)