Install of 722 Sunday Question

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Mom's ln46a650 didn't come in as expected so she has an install scheduled for Sunday 8-12 of a 722 and the little dish to get HD locals. She has an SD TV in her living room for now with a component input, will this suffice for the installer?

Or do I need to bring my ln40a550 over?

Obviously, I'd rather not unhook my TV if I don't have to.

What do you think the installer will say?

pfan

It should not matter, Dish's HD receivers can output HDMI, component, composite, s-video and rf (coax). Installer should be able to hook up no matter what inputs the tv has. Would like to note that sd tv's do not normally have component (red, blue, green) connections as this is an HD connection. You may have them confused with composite (red, white, yellow).

i was a little weirded out by that too. I didn't believe her panansonic is a hdtv, but it has the red, blue, green.

the CSRs say you need an hdtv.

pfan

can the installer just output to the s-video, or does he need to have a true HD output to ensure everything is A-OK?

pfan

No, for purposes of an install an HDTV is not required as all of the 722's outputs are active at the same time. The 722 will down-convert the HD channels over non-HD outputs (S-Video/Composite, unsure about component as I do not yet own a 722).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)