Install Question: Backfeed, SAT and CATV Single Cable

britboy_atl

Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta
I've recently got Dish install and have a single 722 powering an HDTV with a backfeed to another TV. I have also got CATV for the internet and this comes with the basic cable TV service included.

The basic cable has a couple of HD locals that Dish doesn't carry so I'm trying to figure out a way to hook my HDTV up with the CATV feed down the same cable as the SAT and Backfeed signals are currently passing on.

I've got my hands on a Super Home Node that I thought might come into the mix as I have other TV outlets I'd like to backfeed to also. I've attached a diagram of what I'd like to achieve.

I think everything should work but I am not sure on the loop that this configuration seems to show which feeds TV2 back to the receiver. Any thoughts on whether this might work or whether I need to adjust something. Thanks!

Attachments

• CABLE INSTALL.pdf
    27.4 KB · Views: 403
CATV might be a problem because many cable systems feed a carrier even on channels they do not use, so you may have a problem finding an empty channel to put the RF agile modulator channels on.

It's worth a try, I suppose.

I'd set up a small demo to see if it works befor I did the entire system.

CATV might be a problem because many cable systems feed a carrier even on channels they do not use, so you may have a problem finding an empty channel to put the RF agile modulator channels on.

It's worth a try, I suppose.

I'd set up a small demo to see if it works befor I did the entire system.

Thanks for your comments. I share your concern. Even though I only subscribe to limited basic cable I'm sure there are a lot of other signals being carried in that cable. The easiest option might be to run another RG6 over to TV1 and have the CATV on that and avoid it running on same cable as the RF modulator channel backfeed.

I'll test things out this weekend and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)