Install Question - Hybrid LNBF with a Hopper 3 + Hopper 2

I have 2 Hopper3 receivers on my account. I had to purchase the second Hopper3 receiver. I also escalated my request since the normal customer service representatives were unaware that it could be done. J Sheridan is correct in that it requires a DPP LNB and a DPH42 switch.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
If I round up another Hopper 3, I'm assuming the install is on me? Or, will Dish send a tech out to add the DPP LNB and a DPH42 switch?

Reactions: Arkapigdiesel
I have 2 Hopper3 receivers on my account. I had to purchase the second Hopper3 receiver. I also escalated my request since the normal customer service representatives were unaware that it could be done. J Sheridan is correct in that it requires a DPP LNB and a DPH42 switch.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I found a used Hopper 3 from a forum member. Called Dish this past Friday, and gave them the RID# and the smart card# and they stated everything was good to go. The Dish rep said I’d have to pay $50 for a tech to come out and install everything, which I was fine with. I stated I’d call them back when the Hopper 3 arrived and we’d schedule a tech to come to my house.

Fast forward to today....the Hopper 3 came in. Called Dish and the Dish rep stated another Hopper 3 can’t be added to my account. It’s so frustrating dealing with these people.

What dept. do I need to escalate this to? As soon as I get a rep, do I immediately ask the rep to transfer me to the dept.?

I found a used Hopper 3 from a forum member. Called Dish this past Friday, and gave them the RID# and the smart card# and they stated everything was good to go. The Dish rep said I’d have to pay $50 for a tech to come out and install everything, which I was fine with. I stated I’d call them back when the Hopper 3 arrived and we’d schedule a tech to come to my house.

Fast forward to today....the Hopper 3 came in. Called Dish and the Dish rep stated another Hopper 3 can’t be added to my account. It’s so frustrating dealing with these people.

What dept. do I need to escalate this to? As soon as I get a rep, do I immediately ask the rep to transfer me to the dept.?

Give this a try, when you call, tell the automated system you want to ‘cancel service.’ That should take you to retention, they should be able to help you with that there.
Hope everything arrived in good shape.
When I had Dish, I had two Hopper 3’s so it CAN be done :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Give this a try, when you call, tell the automated system you want to ‘cancel service.’ That should take you to retention, they should be able to help you with that there.
Hope everything arrived in good shape.
When I had Dish, I had two Hopper 3’s so it CAN be done :)

That worked.

The Dish rep(s) that monitor this forum also sent me a PM with a phone number to try. I tried that number first, but I could tell it was going to some foreign call center. Those people are beyond frustrating to deal with.

Wound up calling the regular Dish number and being connected to the retention dept after I chose the "cancellation" option. They got a tech scheduled to come out here next week :thumbup

Everything was boxed and packaged up great. That was the most impenetrable packaging job I've ever seen :biggrin2

That worked.

The Dish rep(s) that monitor this forum also sent me a PM with a phone number to try. I tried that number first, but I could tell it was going to some foreign call center. Those people are beyond frustrating to deal with.

Wound up calling the regular Dish number and being connected to the retention dept after I chose the "cancellation" option. They got a tech scheduled to come out here next week :thumbup

Everything was boxed and packaged up great. That was the most impenetrable packaging job I've ever seen :biggrin2

Glad that it all arrived in good shape.

I always try to anticipate what might happen between me and the destination with shipping you never know.

asking why a member would want two hopper 3's? well, for me, my wife and I prefer 2 hoppers because that way if one goes bad, we still have one that we can watch tv with. which happened 2 days before xmas. her hard drive went bad and i upgraded from a hopper to a hws and they had a tech come out xmas eve to do the upgrade. but while waiting then i still had a functioning hopper and only her recordings were lost. i'd love a hopper 3 but i'd probably have to get two of them. if two hopper 3's are on the same dish, can they see eachother's recordings like the hws can do if there are two installed? we like that feature too!

Reactions: charlesrshell
asking why a member would want two hopper 3's? well, for me, my wife and I prefer 2 hoppers because that way if one goes bad, we still have one that we can watch tv with. which happened 2 days before xmas. her hard drive went bad and i upgraded from a hopper to a hws and they had a tech come out xmas eve to do the upgrade. but while waiting then i still had a functioning hopper and only her recordings were lost. i'd love a hopper 3 but i'd probably have to get two of them. if two hopper 3's are on the same dish, can they see eachother's recordings like the hws can do if there are two installed? we like that feature too!
Yes

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)