Install Question & OTA

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I got dish installed free under the new cust deal three months ago. I already had an HD ota antenna on the roof from the Voom people back when.
Now, ABC is online with their local HD tower, but my antenna must not be aimed just right since ABC-HD breaks up and has a sig in the 60's-70's and jumps around. Sooooo, can I call the dish installers and have them re-aim the HD ota anrenna without charge? Is this covered if you got the free dish install promo, even though it was 3 months ago?

BTW, ABC's showing of The Grinch with Jim Carrey in HD last weekend looked great, even though it broke up from time to time due to my ota issue.

No, it's not covered by Dish. As it is, with the new OTA's that Dish is sending techs out to install, even *those* aren't covered under a warranty.

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, I guess the emphasis is on the word "dish" in Dish Network.

If your ABC is a new HD broadcaster check with the station engineer they may be broadcasting at a reduced strength or still fine tunming their equipment. I am sure they would be interested in knowing about reception problems. If their broadcast tower is located close to the existing broadcasters the antenna is probably correctly aimed. Go to www.antennaweb.org and they will give you the direction your broadcasters are in relation to your zip code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)