Install question

texxas guy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
We will be moving into a new home in about a month. My question is, the house is "cable ready wired", with outlets installed on the walls in each room.
Does this mean the Dish installer can use this existing wiring? I understand that if I get the 522 it will require two runs of wire, but for the other outlets, can he use what the house already has?

texxas guy said:
We will be moving into a new home in about a month. My question is, the house is "cable ready wired", with outlets installed on the walls in each room.
Does this mean the Dish installer can use this existing wiring? I understand that if I get the 522 it will require two runs of wire, but for the other outlets, can he use what the house already has?

They may be RG59 wiring. It is strongly recommended that the wiring be RG6 for the switch-to-receiver connections.

If the prewire cable is RG-6 it should be usable for Directv.and if it will handle DISH PRO frequencies it will be ok for DISH Notwerk.

Of course, the in-house cable is only usable to feed the receivers if all the outlets are unsplit "home runs" to a place where you ca mount a switch, or connect directly to the dish.

Of course, it CAN be used to send the RF output of the receivers to other places in the house.

He should be able to as mentioned before as long as there are no splitters and the lines are home run somewhere. He may be able to use the one line for the 522 if he has the new splitters with him. If not he'll need to run two additional lines for the 522, 1 for the sat feed and the other for the backfeed, unless he uses a dyplexer.

Yes, you CAN diplex-backfeed TV2 when using DPPlus Separators - as long as the power inserter is closer to the switch than the diplexers - unless you've got the new high-current E* diplexers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts