Install question

jhall299

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Hi,

Can someone tell me which satellites I need to receive in order to get all of the HD gold package along with the Philly locals in HD and SD? Can I receive them with two Dish 500's with dish pro dual LNB's? Hopefully I only need to cable from three of the LNB's to my DP34 switch since it only has three satellite ports.

Assuming all that will work, I then plan to use two RG6 runs to my 622 and to use diplexers on one run to bring back the TV2 output to my SD television. Hopefully this will work as I only have two runs of RG6 in place.

Finally and hopefully more simply, I will make a second RG6 run from the DP34 output to a 211 reviever on another HDTV.

Sorry for the shaky explanation of what I am trying to do. I am new to this and trying to learn. Thats why I am installing everything myself.

Comments and advice appreciated!

Jon

Hi,

Can someone tell me which satellites I need to receive in order to get all of the HD gold package along with the Philly locals in HD and SD? Can I receive them with two Dish 500's with dish pro dual LNB's? Hopefully I only need to cable from three of the LNB's to my DP34 switch since it only has three satellite ports.

Assuming all that will work, I then plan to use two RG6 runs to my 622 and to use diplexers on one run to bring back the TV2 output to my SD television. Hopefully this will work as I only have two runs of RG6 in place.

Finally and hopefully more simply, I will make a second RG6 run from the DP34 output to a 211 reviever on another HDTV.

Sorry for the shaky explanation of what I am trying to do. I am new to this and trying to learn. Thats why I am installing everything myself.

Comments and advice appreciated!

Jon

According to dishchannelchart HD locals come off 61.5 orbital, the rest is 110/119.

You would need two seperate dish 500's. You would need three dish pro duals and your 34 switch to accomplish this.

For being new to this, your definately on the right path.

Just remember when you hook up your 622 do not use the seperator that comes with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)