Install the Chrome SlingPlayer Web Plug-in.

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
Went to Dish anywhere app on my Win 7 Pro PC as I often do.
I got the following screen, I clicked on Install Plug-in, Then Add. I went in a loop several times, then came here for help. I can get to my recordings, but when I go to watch, start over, I come right back to this screen.

Any help?

upload_2015-4-15_20-0-35.png

Went to Dish anywhere app on my Win 7 Pro PC as I often do.
I got the following screen, I clicked on Install Plug-in, Then Add. I went in a loop several times, then came here for help. I can get to my recordings, but when I go to watch, start over, I come right back to this screen.

Any help?

View attachment 106233
Remove the plugin completely, and try again.

Wait a minute. You said DishAnywhere app on windows? There is not an app for windows... It is just DishAnywhere.com.

That's for watching a Slingbox online. I use that site from time to time. It asked me to download the same Chrome extension, as it does from time to time. I was able to download it and access my slingbox with no problem.
I think you may be missing a step that is causing the loop. After downloading it and installing it, Chrome asks if you want to enable the extension. If you don't answer that as yes the system does not see the extension and wants you to download it again.

As ChatT41 said Dishanywhere isn't an app on windows, it's a website.

My bad. I should have said Dishanywhere.com. I never see the query to enable the add in. When this started the add in was already enabled. Following the recommendation of Dish network support I removed the add in. Now it is no longer there even after several attempt to reinstall it.

I had that loop a long time ago, but unfortunately I don't remember how I got out of it. I think it might have gone away after rebooting.

Also, Chrome just seems to be complete crap lately in regard to plugins of any sort. For example, Flash doesn't work right when Chrome wants me to update it ("it" being Chrome, not Flash.)

Go to where the plugins are, there may two or more entries for Flash and you may have to delete one.

I had this exact issue the other day with the Slingplayer extension for Chrome. Ended up having to completely uninstall the extension, re-download and install it. Restart Chrome, and go into chrome://extensions and enable it. I have no idea why it did that, if it was an issue with Sling or Chrome. I ended up downloading Firefox just to use the sling add-on for that, since it seems more stable at the present moment.

I was having all kinds of problems with Dishanywhere.com on Chrome. Now I use Firefox 100% for Dishanywhere... works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts