install TODAY - Sunday - question

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
how do they hook up tv2 with the vip722? a long RF??? i see on the diagram of the unit it shows rca too but i can't imagine they use that.

also, do they supply any cables- i think i have everything, but may be short an s-video...

will they run/ hook up my OTA too?

thanks so much for the last minute help!

the installer will provide all cabling for remote tvs and in most cases run them inside your walls and install wall plates if he has access to your attic or basement and your walls are hollow. for TV one you will have to provide your high def cables like composites or HDMI , tv 2 will be hooked up with standard RG6 or RG11. most of the time , the installers are nice enough to install the OTA if the cabling is readily accesyble and doesnt take them too much time but its completely up to the individual installer.

imho the biggest concern will be where the dishes will be installed. during the last install in my house, installer screwed dishes to an awning that had rotting wood so i had to reposition the dishes myself, kinda defeats paying for installation. make sure to point out good structural points on your houst for the dishes to be set and dont sign the yellow completition sheet unless you are absolutely satisfied with all aspects of the install, if you have doubts , call dish network customer care prior to signing while the installer is there , once you sign, you basically cant conplain about the install anymore.

In some cases the installer will use diplexers to backfeed the TV2 signal into the incoming satellite cable, so it can be diplexed out at the point where it can be sent to the remote TV.

Diplexers can send a cable or OTA frequency signal over the same cable as a satellite signal. They look a lot like a splitter, but they are not interchangable.

Therefore, they can take a diplexer, and combine the TV2 backfeed with the same cable that the satellite signal comes in on, then separate the TV2 signal from the satellite signal in your basement or attic, and connect it to the cable going to the 2nd TV.

great... after all this the installer tells me he can't get a line of site for the HD satellite! a tree in the way. i called dish, asked about alternatives, pole etc... her only option was to modify the order to remove hd!
isn't there anything else that can be done? short of cutting down the tree! i've seen houses with poles...

thanks.. he seemed disinterested - from what i gathered (not great english) he said there was nothing that could be done-

not sure where i go from here- do i call dishstore back - or deal only with dish network?

the installer will provide all cabling for remote tvs and in most cases run them inside your walls and install wall plates if he has access to your attic or basement and your walls are hollow.

This is custom work for most companys. It's called a wall fish and is not included in the BASIC free install provided by Dish.
for TV one you will have to provide your high def cables like composites or HDMI , tv 2 will be hooked up with standard RG6 or RG11.

I have never seen RG11 used in a Dish install. The Component Cables for HD will be provided. Most of the time if you want HDMI customer has to provide.
most of the time , the installers are nice enough to install the OTA if the cabling is readily accesyble and doesnt take them too much time but its completely up to the individual installer.

If the antenna cable is already where the receiver will go, they will hook it up. Don't expect them to run any cable from that for you.

Just keep in mind it's not a FREE install. It's a free BASIC install.

You'd call dish. You said it for yourself "he seemed disinterested" (meaning didn't want to try), just reschedule and get another opinion. Don't know where your at, but there *maybe* a possibility for a 61.5 wingdish.

thanks - i'm in deerfield il - about 28 ,miles north of chicago - i'm checking things out now on dishpointer and will call again

what's a 61.5 wingdish?
can you also tell me the 3 sats he was referring too and which is the HD?
thanks again!

thanks.. he seemed disinterested - from what i gathered (not great english) he said there was nothing that could be done-

not sure where i go from here- do i call dishstore back - or deal only with dish network?

Give me a call at the office tomorrow 800-807-0837 and I'll look up the work order and read the notes on the account and see if there is anything we can do.

Do you think you might have a line of site for 61.5?

Claude Greiner
Dishstore.net

thanks guys- i've used dishpointer and do see that 129 is a problem. 61.5 shouldn't be a problem at all, but as vikingrob said, my locals are on 129....

actually i do get OTA now - so i can go with two dishes, one at 61.5 and the other at 110-119 and then i'd get all the channels, correct?

i'm subscribing to AEP, Locals and Centre Ice - the only thing i would not get would be the Locals in HD and local hd rsn, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)