Install Today

WLong

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2004
Well, while I was at work the installer came and did a fantastic job setting up my 622 and 211 receivers. The installer actually moved the DISH from the location it was in previously to another spot on my roof which severly increased signal strength on 119, lowered it a tad bit on 110 and installed a second DISH 500 to get signal from 129. In the end, all channels come in GREAT with no pixelation or dropping thus far!

Well done DISH!! About time there is a 110,119 and 129 install success story in the Seattle WA area.

-Bill

My installer or should say installers came out yesterday. I asked if it really needed 2 to replace a 942 with a 622. I am one up on them. I have installed two 942's in the past myself and neither of them had done even one. The 622 was totally foreign to them.

gutter said:
My installer or should say installers came out yesterday. I asked if it really needed 2 to replace a 942 with a 622. I am one up on them. I have installed two 942's in the past myself and neither of them had done even one. The 622 was totally foreign to them.

Depends really, the second tech could be in training ( imagine that training someone hands on :eek: ) or they could have been an observer wich does happen from time to time. Im not surprised that they havent installed a 942 as these are not common receivers, I myself have only put hands on 3 in my lengthy career. Im also not surprised that they have not seen or put in a 622 yet as again these are not common receivers that your average everyday consumer is going to have because of the cost to get them.

I have D* and everytime I have a service call the same two guys come out...they're kinda funny (but do a horrible job) one time I offered them Ozarka water and they fought over who got the cold one. (no joke and they're like 40!)

DirecTV people always come out and say "no line of sight" and leave. Funny how the DISH installers seem to make it work fine..

that's really great you had a good install. I am a DNSC tech and I always try to do a good job. The other day I went to a 622 upgrade and the customer had his 622 already installed and downloaded. He already had a 500 dish and a dish for 61.5. It made my job of activating the receiver a little faster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts