Install tomorrow in San Diego

gokamoto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Dish gets installed tomorrow and my wife and I are really looking forward to it. We are getting a 622 and a Bronze package with locals. After reading so many horror stories, I just wanted to ask what satellites I should make sure we get.

I've read that our locals are on 110 and due to our location we'd probably have to get 129 instead of 61.5. I'd prefer 61.5 but are we in the wrong location for it? Do we need more than 110 and 129/61.5? Should I expect a 500 Dish from the installer?

We have a 2-story house with LOS in every direction from the roof, so hopefully things go okay tomorrow...

I'm in Carmel Valley, zip 92130. I ended up getting a Dish 1000 that gets me 110/119/129...and the quality has actually been pretty good! My installer was very professional and used the mount that was there from the previous owners (who also had Dish).

I've heard all the bad things about 129 but never had the dropouts or reboots that I had worried about. My wife and I are very happy with our Dish system and 622!

The only thing I have to do now is find the right antenna for our OTA locals. I have a basic antenna that my installer gave me for free, but it doesn't do a great job. Since we can record 2 locals via satellite it really hasn't been a problem, but with the fall season starting I've probably got to do it sometime soon.

The original post you reponded to was from July. I was very fortunate to get advice from this forum, both from people who posted in other threads I started and from other threads that covered issues related to my issues. Most importantly, I had the most professional installer that I've ever had sent to my home...my Dad (visiting from Hawaii) was so impressed that he offered the installer a free trip to Hawaii if he'd install a Dish system at his house. My sister works for Hawaiian Airlines so I believe he was serious about the offer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)