Install with DPP Twin..got 119 and 129???

ilyo3

Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Just swapped out my two dishes for one new 20" with the DPP Twin. Set the elevation and skew appropriate to where I am (Toronto, Canada). I have 119 at 100%, but when I switch to check signal on 110..comes up 85% on wrong sat Echostar 129??? What have I done wrong. Sat calculators show Toronto requiring a 118 skew...

Any ideas? How do I correct this with out losing my great receptionon 119?

Thanks...

You're 10/9 degrees to far to the left.

Your 110 LNB is picking up 119 and the 119 linb is picking up 129, move it over to the right and you should be able to get 110 and 119
But then again if you move it too far over you'll get 101 and 110 :D

Sorry just to clarify...I am looking AT the dish(in front of it) and am to move the dish slightly to the right. I should leave elevation and skew as it is?

thanks for teh quick reply!

Yes if you're looking at the dish then it would go to the right.

You can tweak the elevation a bit to get the highest signal possible but if you were able to hit 2 satellites before than the skew is correct.

Turn the dish more south adn raise your elevation by 4 degrea's and pan back and forth a bit to get the signal, I would have to guess that your elevation right now is probably around 26 - 28 when it should be at about 31 - 32. As long as your mast is plumb all around that should get you where you need to go.

I guess this answers my question as to where to set the skew settings to get 119/129 vs. 110 and 119. I can leave the skew the same and just change the elevation to get 119/129.

Van said:
Turn the dish more south adn raise your elevation by 4 degrea's and pan back and forth a bit to get the signal, I would have to guess that your elevation right now is probably around 26 - 28 when it should be at about 31 - 32. As long as your mast is plumb all around that should get you where you need to go.

Well I tried moving it right and left and I can hit 119 every time with great signal but can't find 110 at all. VAN: you are correct that I am at 27 elevation, so I will adjust the elevation tomorrow and let you know. Thanks.

Well VAN you must know Toronto elevation pretty good. I changed my elevation to 31 on the nose and moved the Dish a bit further south and BAM! I have 119 at 100% and 110 at 115%! Best signal strengths I ever got pointing a dish. Thanks to everyone for there help!

STARGAZER: No tree's in line of sight...dish is pointed slightly over the tree's.

Nah, he's probably never pointed a dish aywhere near Toronto - Van just understands the geometry - which is MUCH more important than just memorizing numbers. :)

:up to Van.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)